We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easybus

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Larisa, Greece
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Easybus

Hi, Could anyone who has used either easybus from gatwick or just knows, tell me by what road to the bus goes into west brompton?

Thanks in advance for answers.

Happy new year to all!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
325 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easybus

The bus pick up and drop off stops are close by West Brompton tube station on Lillie Road, London SW6 1TR. The bus doesn't stop between origin and destination.

Happy new year

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easybus

The bus doesn't stop between origin and destination.

=============

From reports here, it often doesn't stop at origin or destination either, eg it just doesn't turn up.

Larisa, Greece
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easybus

What I meant with my previous question is which route the bus follows after leaving from the Gatwick south terminal.

Is going from M23 ,M25 or another route?

I now where the bus drop off is on West Brompton or that sometimes doesn't show up(I hope not in my case!).

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,084 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easybus

The bus will have a variety of routes, and the actual route taken will depend on known traffic conditions at the time of departure.

As the bus only picks up at Gatwick and sets down at West Brompton, the driver does not have to worry about serving intermediate stops.

Bear in mind that there have been several complaints on TripAdvisor about Easybus. These are not only about buses not turning up (and the booking nit being honoured on the next departure because that one was fully booked), but also of people not being able to use their tickets because their flight was delayed, they missed their booked departure from the airport and had to buy a new ticket at the full walk-up rate.

If your destination in London is not at or near West Brompton, an alternative (and more reliable) mode of transport might suit you better.

Larisa, Greece
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easybus

wirewiper thank you very much.

I know all the alternatives ways from gatwick to london but i want to live the easybus experience!!

1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easybus

DONT TAKE EASYBUS !

Consider other alternatives, if you can.

I bought 4 tickets on 29 May and got them printed, and on the scheduled time,people rushed to the door and the driver even let in those who paid him cash, leaving me and family stranded there at the stop in the cold early morning.

He asks me to wait for following bus as his was full.

Next bus came and the driver asks for the subsequent scheduled ticket only, leaving me out again.

After 4 misses, we decided to take the cab instead, and abandon the ticket at some Loss.

We could have asked the cab to fetch us from the hotel instead of pulling our bags for 1km to the stupid station.

Please fellas, This company Does Not Need to exist!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easybus

It's been a while since the last post but I'm hoping for some advice on transportation for 2 adults & 2 children from the Mayfair area to Gatwick on Boxing Day 2013 for a 3:30 pm flight. I have done some research & read that the Gatwick Express is not running at this time due to maintenance. I think the most convenient (& cheapest) option would be to travel by train from Green Park to Earles Court then get the Easybus to Gatwick. I am worried about the negative comments regarding Easybus' unreliability. Any advice would be appreciated :)

Edited: 10:09 pm, October 14, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,391 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easybus

There are other threads about the easyBus service; frankly I'd not consider it to travel from Marble Arch to Vauxhall, let alone to Gatwick.

You will need to allow extra time for the journey, but need not travel by road. Trains from London Bridge station will depart at 00 and 30 minutes past the hour to Gatwick on 26 December, with trains to East Grinstead and buses from there to the airport. Travel time is indicated at one and a quarter hours from London Bridge station. Allow about 20 minutes in a taxi from Green Park to London Bridge, unless you want to take the Jubilee line (step free at both Underground stations).

A GroupSave fare for your family will cost just £17.80. You need not book in advance, but if you have the chance to visit any London rail station before Boxing Day you may buy tickets in advance, saving having to deal with a (potentially) busy ticket office at London Bridge plus children plus luggage.

9. Re: Easybus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 pm, November 26, 2013
10. Re: Easybus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, November 28, 2014