We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Airport Tranfers

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
London Airport Tranfers

Hey people!

I am thinking of using http://www.simpleairporttransfers.com/ for my transfer to the airport! has anyone ever used this? Is it good service? thank you all!!

markella!

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,233 reviews
from $125.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
439 reviews
from $104.40*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,069 reviews
from $148.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
628 reviews
from $100.10*
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,986 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London Airport Tranfers

I don't know the company but they have a valid PCO licence and are based in Lewisham. I am presuming that is where you are from?

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London Airport Tranfers

No ! Im not even english! hehe! Will be coming down to london from lincoln and needed a taxi to get me to Gatwick (from kings cross to gatwick)! But I have sorted it out , booked with simply airport transfers in the end as it wwas cheaper... hope that it will be ok! Thank you so much for your quick reply! x

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,297 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London Airport Tranfers

Why didn't you just get the FCC train from St. Pancras next door to Gatwick?

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London Airport Tranfers

I Just booked the taxi not paid for it yet!

PS There is 3 of us in that taxi so the price is divided by 3!! I think its kinda works out the same?

:)

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London Airport Tranfers

It might be the same price but will probably take a lot longer than the train. Driving through south London is always slow as there are virtually no roads that aren't also high streets.

Why not just buy train tickets from Lincoln to Gatwick?

Edited: 3:26 pm, November 22, 2012
London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London Airport Tranfers

we were kinda thinking it would be more difficult and tiring carrying around trains our HUGE 20-25kg luggage (we are 3 girls btw) so we thought we should chose the least train changes etc our flights are at 11:15 and 12, we arrive in london at 7:30 in the morning so it gives us plenty of time to get a taxi .. gaaahhh I really dont know what is best! :s

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,604 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London Airport Tranfers

At what time of day and on what day of the week do you have to be at Gatwick? The road journey from KX to the airport is a long and tedious schlep and will take twice the time of the rail journey (unless you travel at 0400 on a Sunday morning).

I suspect that the car service rate will be at least twice the price of three singles on the train as well, since the latter cost just £9.90 per person.

The walk from KX to the First Capital Connect platforms at St Pancras will take five minutes; there are escalators and lifts from the concourse to the train platforms at St P.

Let the train take the strain; it's much more environmentally friendly as well.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: London Airport Tranfers

i see your point.. monday morning at 7:30 haha couldnt be any busier time than this.. I guess you are absolutely right .. :) thanks for you help all of you people! (taxi costs 52 pounds)

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,471 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: London Airport Tranfers

The taxi cost is not unreasonable but considerably more than the £30 or so that you would pay on the FCC train mentioned, and a good deal more tiresome and slower.

I would scrap the cab and get the train esp as it's easy from Lincoln onto the FCC one at St Pancras.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: London Airport Tranfers

That is what we decided in the end! It was a good thing I asked before paying for something! Thank you for your helpful info all of you! xxx