We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cartier-Bresson at Somerset House

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Monza, Italy
Level Contributor
120 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Cartier-Bresson at Somerset House

Hello!Sorry for my question:for the above mentioned exibition,which is free,do I have to buy the ticket for Somerset House,that I've visited two years ago?I mean,each has a separate entrance?Thank you very much?

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
982 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cartier-Bresson at Somerset House

Hi, On the Somerset House website it says that it is free (somersethouse.org.uk/about/press/press-relea…). I would assume it has a separate entrance as it says it's in the Terrace Rooms and Courtyard Rooms. Sounds wonderful, I will definitely be going. Enjoy!

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cartier-Bresson at Somerset House

If it's in the Terrace Rooms, that's by the riverside and is separate from the art gallery. Thanks for posting this - I'd like to go myself. Then take some Cartier-Bresson type photographs of the skaters in the courtyard.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
982 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cartier-Bresson at Somerset House

I would like to add that my cat avatar photo was definitely a Cartier Bressonian decisive moment between me and that cat!

Monza, Italy
Level Contributor
120 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cartier-Bresson at Somerset House

Thank you very much(exclamation mark)!

Monza, Italy
Level Contributor
120 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cartier-Bresson at Somerset House

Oh,and does anybody know if SH is open on Jan1st?I can't find any detail on their website...Thanks again!

Monza, Italy
Level Contributor
120 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cartier-Bresson at Somerset House

I've the answer:Yes, the Courtauld Gallery is open from 10.00 and the rest of the building will be open from 12.00.So Cartier-Bresson exibit is enjoyable from noon on New Year's day...I'll be there!

7. Re: Cartier-Bresson at Somerset House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, December 16, 2013