We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question on area

Ireland
Level Contributor
316 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Question on area

I am about to book an apartment in either of the following properties. The Presidential Serviced Apartments, Barkston Gardens, Kensington or the Presidential Apartment, George Street, Marylebone. Have read up reviews on TA but I wanted to ask about the street they are located on. Just wondering if there is any current construction going on near the apartments or anything on that street I should know about before booking. There will be 3 of us, elderly mother and teenage niece so we be out all day shopping and sight seeing and returning relatively early in the evenings / night time.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,556 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Question on area

Don't know the properties so can't comment. But the George Street location would be handy for Oxford Street shopping.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question on area

Presidential is on a quiet street about 3 mins walk from the station on part of a whole terrace of hotels. There is work on the nearest hotel to the Earls Court Road (near the pub, i forget the hotel name.) but the work is all internal now and shouldn't affect you. I'm guessing you mean something like loud roadworks or something though.

Not been inside Presidential but walk past it every day and it looks nice if that's any help. I'm pretty sure TP might have stayed there and i'm sure she'll be along soon to tell you.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question on area

I don't know about the apaprtments but location wise you can't beat Marylebone.

Nuneaton, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Question on area

I would strongly recommend checking out http://clarendonuk.com

They have some great deals on serviced apartments in London as well as studio apartments if that's more your thing.

5. Re: Question on area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, December 16, 2013