We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tiny leaning pub of London?

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Tiny leaning pub of London?

We were in London a couple of years ago and stumbled upon a very small pub that was leaning severely. It was near the Queensway tube station. We are returning this Christmas and would like to stop in again. Can anyone tell me where it is?

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,227 reviews
from $140.97*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
1,952 reviews
from $145.12*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
509 reviews
from $98.13*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
812 reviews
from $98.13*
West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tiny leaning pub of London?

I suppose no-one knows it, and I certainly don't.

If you go to this map

www.fancyapint.com/Pub/station/queensway/899

and click on the pub names, their photographs will come up, so maybe you can identify if it's one of them.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,508 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tiny leaning pub of London?

The nearest pubs to Queensway are the Black Lion, the Leinster Arms, the Bayswater Arms, the King's Head, the Prince Alfred and the Champion, none of which match your description, ie they are not tiny and not leaning.

That's not really an area where you'd expect leaning pubs, all the buildings being nineteenth and twentieth century. Could it have been in another part of London that you saw it, or at least a little further from Queensway than you remember? Could it have been Kingsway and not Queensway (which could make more sense when it comes to small old pubs)? And was it leaning before you went in or when you came out:-)

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,821 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tiny leaning pub of London?

I would try the Dove or the Bishops Mitre., which are nowhere near Queensway.

(unless you mean "Kingsway" the street. ?

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tiny leaning pub of London?

Thanks for responding. The pub was actually closer to the Bayswater station and near Whiteley's shopping center. I googled it and checked out many of the online London pub guides...alas, no luck.

Tom

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tiny leaning pub of London?

The only old, tiny building I know of in that area is on Westbourne Grove, but it's an electrical wholesalers (don't know how long it has been a shop though). It doesn't lean so much as stand slightly skewed to the buildings either side.........

http://goo.gl/maps/tJIqR

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,248 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tiny leaning pub of London?

Was it leaning on the way in or out?

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,172 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tiny leaning pub of London?

Are you sure it was in in London? I don't recall ever seeing a building like that there.

8. Re: Tiny leaning pub of London?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, December 14, 2013