We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

still confused--days out 2 for 1

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
243 posts
51 reviews
still confused--days out 2 for 1

Hello--I've done the reading and am still confused. Sorry.

If two of us want a 7 day travelcard with daysout 2 for 1 discounts we simply go to a mainline rail station ticket window and specifically ask for "two 7 day travelcards with daysout 2 for 1 discounts" and that's what we'll get? Then we pick up a brochure that will contain the required vouchers? I'm assuming a mainline rail station is one likeVictoria or similar? Correct? Really looking forward to being in London July 5 to July 14 and being able to economize will make all the difference.Thanks to all.

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,728 Reviews
from $123.40*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,269 Reviews
from $126.10*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
763 Reviews
from $103.30*
Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,394 posts
1. Re: still confused--days out 2 for 1

Yes - though you don't need to mention the 'with 2 for 1 discounts' bit. They come with that regardless.

You will also need a passport sized photo each - this is a very recent additional requirement

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
59,099 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: still confused--days out 2 for 1

Rather than ask for 'two 7 day travelcards with daysout 2 for 1 discounts' which will engender a 'yer wot?' response from the station agent, ask for this: 'two seven day Travelcards for zones 1 and 2, please, to start on Friday, 6th July. We haven't got Photocards, but here are the pictures for those Photocards.' You'll be charged £29.20 for each Adult Travelcard and £14.60 for Child rate cards; National Rail Photocards are free of charge.

You may find leaflets about the offers at rail stations, each leaflet with six vouchers in a foldout page inside - but they may not be available when you travel. Instead please register at the Days Out guide website and print a few vouchers.

Choose Other under the pulldown menu for County and you may register with your address in Tampa. You may nominate any station you wish; the London stations are listed as London Victoria, London Fenchurch Street, London King's Cross etc.

London, United...
Level Contributor
33,477 posts
78 reviews
3. Re: still confused--days out 2 for 1

You seem to understand it. What's confusing?

Seriously, I'm struggling to understand what's difficult to understand!

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
243 posts
51 reviews
4. Re: still confused--days out 2 for 1

Thanks very much for the helpful/reassuring answers. I've bought the wrong card in other cities and this will prevent a repeat of that mistake.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
33,892 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: still confused--days out 2 for 1

Just to point out that the online registration form for the 2 for 1 offers at daysoutguide has changed, and as of last week it wasn't working for overseas addresses. If this is still a problem, register using a UK address, such as your hotel. You will need the post code (zip code of the hotel) to do this. You don't appear to need to nominate a railway station any more either.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
34,888 posts
6. Re: still confused--days out 2 for 1

< register using a UK address >

I always use 10, SW1A 2AA

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
7. Re: still confused--days out 2 for 1

Alan, or should I say "David", you should delete the above post as you have opened yourself up to identity fraud as an astute person can now deduce your real identity.

Illinois
Level Contributor
19,074 posts
16 reviews
8. Re: still confused--days out 2 for 1

I prefer sw1a 1aa. (Should be caps but it upset TA.)

9. Re: still confused--days out 2 for 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, June 21, 2013