We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harry Potter Studio Tour London Gift Shop

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Harry Potter Studio Tour London Gift Shop

Hi!

I am going to London in this June and I want to know what can I buy in Studios and how much it costs.Can anyone write list of merchandise that I can buy and how much it costs.Please write many things if you know that because it's really,really important to me.

Thanks,HP Fan!

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,391 Reviews
from $125.30*
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,150 Reviews
from $128.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros. Studio: The Making of...
541 Reviews
from $113.00*
london
Level Contributor
2,172 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harry Potter Studio Tour London Gift Shop

quote ...

Items from the gift shop - placed, like many attractions, near the exit - include replica wands for £24.95 and T-shirts that cost up to £35.

Potter fans can also invest in a replica version of Albus Dumbledore’s robes, which comes with a hefty price tag of £495.95.

Sluis, The...
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harry Potter Studio Tour London Gift Shop

Hiya,

I visited the Studios on 7 April, I wrote quite a lengthy (and raving) review about it, without spoiling too much. Should you be interested you can find it via my profile page.

Anyway, I spent about an hour in the shop, couldn't decide what to buy. I thought the prices were reasonable, but I've also read people think the souvenirs are expensive. That's about the only "negative" thing I have read so far in reviews.

I thought this was an exceptional tour, I traveled from Holland to visit it. It's not like I can go and visit it every month and therefore I had a large souvenir budget in mind: max. 100 pounds.

There are robes for sale: Snape's, Voldemort's, Dumbledore's and Hermione's Yule Ball dress. These are expensive.

You can buy the Gryffindor / Slytherin / Huffelpuff / Ravenclaw scarfs, gloves, hats, robes, jumpers and ties. You can also buy those flags the students wave with during Quidditch. They are quite cool. Ow, and golden snitches!

Lots of Hedwig teddies, but Fawkes, Buckbeak and that pet that Ginny has (can't remember the English name for that cute fluffy animal) are also available. The monster book is for sale as well.

Wands!

The books, the movies.

T-shirts, mostly Gryffindor or Slytherin, but also simple black ones (bit boring) with Harry Potter Studio Tour on them. There are Hogwarts scarfs with all house colours.

You can buy candy as well: things from Honeydukes, the famous chocolate frogs and Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans.

Broom sticks.

I very much liked the prop section, with the philosopher's stone, time turner necklace, snitch, chess game, horcrux ring, Hogwarts express model, jewelry, Marauder's Map (which I bought in Hamleys two years ago), Deathly Hallows symbol ..... these are also quite expensive and behind glass.

Lots of key rings of course, classic, and magnets.

That's about all I can remember. :)

In the end I bought the official guide book (9.95), a Gryffindor scarf (24.95) and a Marauder's Map drinking cup (9.95). I wanted to buy a key ring as well (about 7 I believe) but decided not to, I have so many already. I didn't buy a Hedwig teddy, and now regret not having done so :(

But no worries, I'll most definitely visit again!!

Enjoy your visit to the Studios!!!!! I'm sure you'll love it.

Kind regards,

Sabrina

Mentioned in this post
Holland Park
Holland Park
1,392 Reviews
London, UK
The English Restaurant
The English Restaurant
334 Reviews
London, UK
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter
Warner Bros. Studio Tour...
33,649 Reviews
Leavesden, UK
Willamette Valley
Level Contributor
195 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harry Potter Studio Tour London Gift Shop

I love reading everything about the studio so a big thank you.

Nijmegen...
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harry Potter Studio Tour London Gift Shop

Hi Sabrina do you mean a pygmee puff? I think his name is Arnold

And I just might have to get myself a Hedwig plush. Do they have Pig(Rons owl) as well?

Edited: 6:23 pm, April 13, 2012
Sluis, The...
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harry Potter Studio Tour London Gift Shop

Hi,

Yes, that's it, I could only remember the Dutch translation (ukkepuk).

No, not Ron's owl, and no Crookshanks either.

Sabrina

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,663 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Harry Potter Studio Tour London Gift Shop

I just happened to be on the Hamley's toy store website and see they have a small range of HP things.

Sluis, The...
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Harry Potter Studio Tour London Gift Shop

Small being the key word here ;) I've been to Hamleys about 2 years ago to check out their HP stuff, and it was just one corner in a very large store. The gift shop in the studio tour is much larger and offers a lot more. Although these box sets on the Hamley website are quite cool and not available in the studio tour.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Harry Potter Studio Tour London Gift Shop

And how much are candies?

Nijmegen...
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Harry Potter Studio Tour London Gift Shop

The Warner Brothers store in Kingston used to have plenty of Harry Potter stuff, I got two Norbert plush toys from there...

Mentioned in this post
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter
Warner Bros. Studio Tour...
33,649 Reviews
Leavesden, UK
Seattle, Washington
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Harry Potter Studio Tour London Gift Shop

hi are the golden snitches plastic ot metal? ive always wanted a metal one :) also how much are the gloves robes and sweaters and what do they look like? just stripes or? whats on the sweater just a logo?