We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The BEST 2-4-1 Offers

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
193 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
The BEST 2-4-1 Offers

I see many posts on those who have used the 2-4-1 offers (http://www.daysoutguide.co.uk). I wouldd like to query all on which you feel are the "BEST" 2-4-1 offers in London.

I imagine that Tower of London, Churchill War Rooms, London Eye will be on most lists, but would like to see which others people recommend. First time to London - would like to print them out ahead of time - but just looking for everyone's experiences by listing which are recommended. Thanks !

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,084 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The BEST 2-4-1 Offers

The best 2FOR1 offers are the ones on those attractions you actually want to visit.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,465 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The BEST 2-4-1 Offers

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k449…

Gives the ones with the most savings - which may be different from the ones you would want to visit

new york
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The BEST 2-4-1 Offers

I just used it for tickets to Woman in Black. I was able to get second row in Stalls(Front Orch. for us in the US)- for $25 gbp each. I am looking forward to the play!

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The BEST 2-4-1 Offers

In addition to what you listed, EYESPORTS, I'd list the Courtauld, Hampton Court Palace, HMS Belfast, Kew Gardens, Globe Theatre Tour, and St. Paul's Cathedral. I would have no argument with anyone that made an informed choice to spend their London time at Madame Tussauds, London Bridge Experience, London Dungeon, London Death Trap, and Ripley's Believe It or Not. Entirely different attractions for entirely different people.

I would happily pay full price to visit Westminster Abbey and Windsor Castle and I would spend a lot of time at the British Museum, National Gallery, National Portrait Gallery, Imperial War Museum and many other free attractions.

Solon, OH
Level Contributor
16 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The BEST 2-4-1 Offers

Travelluvr - Did you buy the tickets for Woman in Black when you were in the US or did you need to use the voucher at the theatre? I wasn't sure how you could use the vouchers before you arrived. I have also printed out vouchers for some plays and concerts and wanted to get the tickets before we came.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The BEST 2-4-1 Offers

Wendy - if you want to use the 2-for-1 vouchers for the theatre you MUST book in advance. They know you wont have the relevant train tickets/travelcards when you make the booking, just take them with you, along with the relevant vouvher, when you pick up the tickets from the box office.

Edited: 11:26 am, January 26, 2012
U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
19,383 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The BEST 2-4-1 Offers

Just as the London Pass can lead you to visit places you wouldn't necessarily choose, and cause you to miss many places of great interest, you should plan your schedule around *your* interests, and not what is discounted by anyone--even the 2-4-1.

I am in agreement with Hoogoo. There are some attractions that are well worth the time and money even at full price.

Buying part of a discount scheme is a poor way to plan.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,396 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The BEST 2-4-1 Offers

My favourites would be the British Museum, the Museum of London and the Natural History Museum, but you don't need the Days Out Guide offers to get 2-for-1 at those.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
19,383 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The BEST 2-4-1 Offers

>>Buying part of a discount scheme is a poor way to plan.

Sorry, that came out wrong--I meant to say "Basing your schedule on a discount scheme is a poor way to plan."

Santander, Spain
Level Contributor
1,819 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The BEST 2-4-1 Offers

...so many free things to do in London...anyway my favouite in the 241 list is the Tower of London; in fact, the only one we have used (and paid for) in several visits to London