We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in May?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
43 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in May?

I'm planning to travel to London in late May into early June. What kind of temperatures should I prepare for? The climate summaries say that temps range from 48 to 63 degrees F (9 to 17 degrees C) in May. Long sleeves or short sleeves? Should I bring a long underwear top? I figure I will need a light jacket with a zip-out fleece lining.

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,662 Reviews
from $122.40*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor, and Bath with...
2,249 Reviews
from $112.50*
Best Seller
London Harry Potter Tour of Warner...
746 Reviews
from $102.40*
Londinium born and...
Level Contributor
4,439 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in May?

We've had heatwaves in May and we've had snow in May. Your guess is as good as ours.

; )

Seriously, it's more likely to be mild and fairly warm, but you can never rule out a cold snap. Layers and lots of them, just in case.

Florida
Level Contributor
3,035 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in May?

I've been several times in early May and it was chilly, but as the days went by it warmed up. So I would expect late May, early June would be very pleasant. Like Trillian said, bring layers. I doubt if you need the zip-out fleece lining or long underwear, though if you're coming from a hot climate it'll may be cooler than you're used to that time of year.