We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Easter hours?

Southern California
2 posts
Save Topic
Help with Easter hours?

Hello. I am going with my family to the London area for a week over Easter vacation. We will be spending most of our time in the city, visiting as many typical sights as possible, such as St. Paul's, National Gallery, London Eye, Tower. We will also take one or two day trips outside of the city, such as to Stonehenge and the Cotswolds.

To plan ahead accordingly, I'd like to find out what will and will not be open on the Sunday and Monday.

Any info/advice would be appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
St Paul's Hotel
St Paul's Hotel
557 Reviews
London, UK
National Gallery
National Gallery
32,833 Reviews
London, UK
Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Easter hours?

All the tourist attrations should be open through out Easter. Obviously access to St Paul's, Westminster Abbey and other religious building will be restricted, but they don't close completely

Mentioned in this post
St Paul's Hotel
St Paul's Hotel
557 Reviews
London, UK
Westminster Abbey
Westminster Abbey
19,015 Reviews
London, UK
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
43,100 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Easter hours?

Good Friday is the only day when things WILL be shut as it is a religious rather than Bank holiday. Tubes will probably run a Saturday or Sunday service on Easter Monday but some lines may shut all weekend for maintainence work. Announcements will probably be made about 3 or 4 weeks before Easter but check at www.tfl.gov.uk for up to date info.

Good luck and have a great stay,

Adam C

adamhornets@yahoo.com

Southern California
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Easter hours?

Thank you both so much.