We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your must see/do things each trip to London

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nijmegen...
Level Contributor
3,149 posts
42 reviews
Your must see/do things each trip to London

Hi

Its become a bit of a tradition for me that every time I go to London I visit Hampton Court Palace. I used to be an au pair in Hampton so it was cliseby, plus I love shopping in Kingston afterwards.

I think I've been 5-6 times now, still discover new things, and I actually felt my visit in July with friends was too short so am now planning a whole day in March.

Are there any must sees that you do every time? Covent Garden is always great too btw...

Ossett, United...
Level Contributor
2,895 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: Your must see/do things each trip to London

Well, I've only had 2 visits so far and one more on the books for March but for me it's the Westminster area - up to view t'Abbey, round to view parliament, then up to view and photograph-to-death Big Ben.

Then I know I've arrived and can carry on with the rest of my trip. Nice.

Monza, Italy
Level Contributor
119 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: Your must see/do things each trip to London

A visit to National Gallery...don't know why,even when some time has passed from my last holiday in London,I choose uncounsciously to see the SAME rooms...and I end up stoppin'in front of my favourite art piece:The Fighting Temeraire(J.M.W.Turner)!!!

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
11,676 posts
76 reviews
3. Re: Your must see/do things each trip to London

I always try and find a pub that serves a pint that costs less than £3.00. Last time I was in London in October I failed miserably, and the time before that in February I also failed. I think I averaged about £3.30 a pint.

The time before that I did find a pint that cost less than £3.00, but that was in a Wetherspoons; but it was still more expensive than any Wetherspoons outside of London.

East Sussex, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,196 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Your must see/do things each trip to London

I always visit "Ye Old Cheshire Cheese" - which fits Matt's criteria too, although only just. The price of a pint has scarily risen from £1.95 a year ago to £2.70 in the last 2 weeks ! Still a great pub though and handily very near Middle Temple Lane, where I tend to be on business.

Mike

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
16,147 posts
67 reviews
5. Re: Your must see/do things each trip to London

British Museum. Aim: to see it all. Progress: 7 visits and still working my way around the ground floor!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
477 posts
35 reviews
6. Re: Your must see/do things each trip to London

For me its always a must to visit the National Gallery and just as compulsory is at least a walk or two in the parks of London, then there is my repeat visit to St Paul`s. Lastly I rarely visit London without going to Harrods (must be said often end buying very little...but do love the foodhalls here and have loved High Tea her on a previous occasion)

Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
7. Re: Your must see/do things each trip to London

Absolutely not.

Nor is there when I visit New York, Paris, Rome or any other real city. The definition of a real city is a place with so much going on, and so much of it outstanding, there's literally nothing so much more worth viewing than hundreds of alternatives.

Now if there's somewhere you met the love of your life, or heard you'd got a Nobel prize or something, that's different. But yet another famous bar, or statue?

Life's too short

West Virginia
Level Contributor
595 posts
8 reviews
8. Re: Your must see/do things each trip to London

A walk in Hyde Park.

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
943 posts
82 reviews
9. Re: Your must see/do things each trip to London

A London Walk or two. Usually a different one every visit but always at least one. I have not run out of new ones in the 15+ visits so far.

Cheers

UK
Level Contributor
2,534 posts
7 reviews
10. Re: Your must see/do things each trip to London

I agree with flannel UK.Gather Ye rosebuds whislt Ye may.

However the National Gallery & meal at Wolesey is not ubiquitously available

regmaiche