We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

POLL: Airport Car Service

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
1 review
Save Topic
POLL: Airport Car Service

Realizing this is completely unscientific, below is a list of car services that have generally received overall positive comments on this forum. Comments, suggestions, recent experiences?

www.london-transfers.com

www.skyexpresscars.net

www.handicars.co.uk

www.justairports.com

www.exclusiveairports.com

www.swisscottagecars.com

www.expressways.co.uk

Note: Ray's London Transfers has recently been mentioned by a couple of people because they were unable to get any confirmation of the reservation, however, one poster said that Ray has updated his computer system so as to avoid these problems.

Note: I have removed Simply Airports from the list as recently there seems to be a significant number of negative comments about them.

From my own experience, we used Exclusive Airports last year and were happy with their service.

296 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,635 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
101. Re: POLL: Airport Car Service

jpsoni,

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking for here. Your dates indicate you're asking for a car from Heatbrow to Wembley Central on May 24, and then a "Return from Southwark on 21 June"; to Heathrow?

Of course you can contact the car companies and ask for that. For some of them you will need the postcode in order to get an online quote. The post code for Wembley Central is HA9. If it's not listed on their post code list you may have to call them. For Southwark, you'll need to get the post code from the hotel/place you're departing from.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
61 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
102. Re: POLL: Airport Car Service

hi. What's the rule of thumb in regards to gratuities for car service? I was told that it was not necessary and not a custom practice. Is this true? If not, what is the custom amount to leave for a 20 minute drive/ pick up from Airport?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
61 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
103. Re: POLL: Airport Car Service

hi. What's the rule of thumb in regards to gratuities for car service? I was told that it was not necessary and not a custom practice. Is this true? If not, what is the custom amount to leave for a 20 minute drive/ pick up from Airport?

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
151 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
104. Re: POLL: Airport Car Service

I've recently used Hummingbird and was very pleased with the service. The email communication was responsive, polite and accurate and the driver on time and professional. To and from Heathrow....it's a great choice.

dallas,tx
Level Contributor
80 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
105. Re: POLL: Airport Car Service

I too have several transfer questions to ask.

From reading these posts it seems that exclusiveairports and justairports have the best reviews.

These are my questions, we will be using one of these transfer companies to transfer my family of 5 with 5 suitcases from LHR to our apartment rental in waterloo. However, would one of these also be a good means of transportation from our Waterloo apartment to St Pancras train station when we take the train to Paris?

Second, when we leave Europe, we have to make a connection in London which requires a transfer from London City airport to LHR(we will be coming from Zurich). We have 4 1/2 hours to get between airports. Yes, I know this is a nightmare but this is what American Airlines gave us! And no, I, unfortunately, can't change it :/

106. Re: POLL: Airport Car Service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 am, May 18, 2013

Kuala Lumpur...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
107. Re: POLL: Airport Car Service

hye all!

just wna share my experience with Hummingbird Cars. i hv used their service when i arrived/departed from London last month and am happy to say tht im more than satisfied with their services. both drivers are polite,punctual and both are indian or sri lankan. i opted for the cash option and they emailed me 24 hours prior my booking time for confirmations or changes.communications thru emails are easy and the fact that the staff answered to all my queries make me feel tht im not talking to a machine or an automatic reply, which can be frustrated at times. highly recommended :)

and one more thing if u come with ur family i think its better for u to opt for taxi services rather thn taking the heathrow connect/express coz i think its way cheaper and comfortable, especially if ur luggages are more than 100kg, just like us.and we r a family of 4.i cant imagine us pulling our trolley bags at the paddington railway station.must be cray cray.haha

Edited: 11:49 am, May 20, 2013
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
108. Re: POLL: Airport Car Service

We used Swiss Cottage Cars for a transfer from Holborn to Heathrow Terminal 4 last week during the evening rush hour. It cost 35 pounds and we paid in cash.

It was an uneventful and efficient journey as one hopes an airport transfer would be. I'd be happy to use them again.

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
109. Re: POLL: Airport Car Service

we made an online booking for exclusive airport (heathrow - town) prior to our arrival in London. online booking process was fuss free. upon arrival, rep from exclusive airport was already there with our names clearly displayed. understood that he had arrived 1 hour earlier than our stated time! also received call from exclsuive airport asking if we had met up with our rep. rep was very professional, friendly & helped with our luggage. Our ride's a e220 and along the way, the rep was more than happy to answer whatever questions we had.

very satisfied with exclusive airport. made an online booking for town-heathrow in the end as well.

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
110. Re: POLL: Airport Car Service

Just an update to your airport transfer.

I have been using this guys www.arporttransfer247.co.uk and i have one word WOW i was a bit worried about they because i did not find any rates about them but what can i say the are the best that i have been used. Me and my family we come every month to London and we have tried lots of companies but i want to tell you that never ever had a great experience like i had with this guy. i will nor ruin your surprise, you will have a nice surprise when you will see your driver. i can wait for your feedbacks guys.

Reply to: POLL: Airport Car Service
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted