We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need to buy 500g Jar Marmite

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
341 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
I need to buy 500g Jar Marmite

Help - My parents are English and live in Mexico. I am visiting them on March 2nd - is there anyone out there who is traveling from the GTA area (I live in Mississauga) that would be willing to pick up a 500g Jar for me. I obviously will pay you. I know that at Tesco and Asda a jar goes for about 4 BPS. Can anyone help me who is returning before March 1st??

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for London, Brighton
Level Contributor
6,113 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I need to buy 500g Jar Marmite

Whilst you're waiting for a reply, this website apparently ships Marmite worldwide: www.shopnewzealand.co.nz/shopping_cart.php…

Also, http://www.britishexpatsupplies.com/results.php?cat=savoury+spreads&subcat=marmite sell a 500g jar for £4.98. The kicker is the cost of shipping to Mexico. Under 1kg, the charge is £32.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
341 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I need to buy 500g Jar Marmite

Hi theartgirl - yes the shipping is what kills us. That is why I am hoping that someone from GTA will be kind enough to bring a jar back for me.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I need to buy 500g Jar Marmite

Holakat, do you have CostPlus World Markets where you are? I've seen Marmite there - maybe not the 500g jar, but maybe you could buy a couple smaller jars.

Or there may be other international markets in your area that carry it.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,717 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: I need to buy 500g Jar Marmite

You can buy Marmite in any supermarket in Mississauga. Look in the baking section. I buy it all the time.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
341 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I need to buy 500g Jar Marmite

Thanks to all that have replied so far. Yes I can buy Marmite in every grocery store in the GTA - but not 500g jar. And if they did have a 500g jar here in Canada it would probably be about $30!

I really want the large jar to take with me so it will last until other supplies can come next Christmas from my Aunt in England.

So if anyone is willing to pick up a jar for me that would be great.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,485 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I need to buy 500g Jar Marmite

I know this is outside your deadline, but I will be coming to Toronto in April and will be glad to bring you a supply of Marmite - we are not visiting Mississauga but can perhaps make other arrangements. Just let me know.

Trish

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: I need to buy 500g Jar Marmite

You may want to check some Indian grocerys in Toronto. There are many and because of India's long ties to England, most Indian grocerys carry a variety of English foodstuffs. I know that here in Atlanta, you can find Marmite in any Indian grocery. As for the 500g jar, I'm not sure. The most common size is the 4 oz. (112g) which here in Atlanta runs for between $5 and $6 US. But I know I've also seen larger sizes.

In Mississauga there is Bombay Bazaar on Britania Ave., that I know carries Marmite. (At least it did 4 years ago)

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
341 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I need to buy 500g Jar Marmite

Trish P

Thanks for your offer, but I really need to have their "fix" for March when I visit. But again many thanks and have a great trip when you come over.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,717 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: I need to buy 500g Jar Marmite

Personally I think it would be better to buy several jars of the regular size if it has to last until next Christmas. Would stay much fresher after being opened. Cost about $15 for four jars. 125 grams each = 500 grams.