We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow airport to bayswater

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sliema, Malta
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow airport to bayswater

Hi guys,

This month im flying from Malta to heathrow. its my first time traveling alone and even my first time visiting London.

Meanwhile I would like to travel from Heathrow airport to bayswater via Tube since renting a taxi costs me around 80 euros. Do you guys think its possible to travel via tube from the airport to baywater?

If Yes, do you think its complicated ? beacuse im a little bit worried of getting lost and ending up some other place.

Thanks and Regards

:) Andrew

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,617 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow airport to bayswater

Heathrow to Bayswater on the Underground isn't very straightforward, but if you're willing to use the Underground and a bus you may find the journey fairly easy.

Where in Bayswater are you staying, please?

Sliema, Malta
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow airport to bayswater

iam staying in Phoneix Hotel near bayswater underground.

thanks

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,663 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow airport to bayswater

Assuming it's near Bayswater Tube station the main problem is that if you have luggage then you have to change Tube train twice though it doesn't cost any more and the changes are simple

a) Take Tube to Hammersmith & get off

b) Walk to adjacent platform (2-3 metres walk)

c) Take District Line Tube to Earls Court

d) Wait at same platform

e) Take District Line Tube to Bayswater

I know it says "District Line" twice but if you look at a Tube map you'll see why

tfl.gov.uk/assets/…standard-tube-map.pdf

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,396 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heathrow airport to bayswater

If you can manage a big set of steps with your luggage, the cheapest way is probably to get the Piccadilly line to Earls Court and change there for the District line to Bayswater.

Alternatively, for a little more money, you could get the Heathrow Connect from Heathrow Terminal 1/2/3 railway station to Paddington, and change there for the Circle or District line to Bayswater.

TravellerPlus will now give a bus route that drops you right by door, I expect :)

Later: I crossed posts with Alan. I like his suggestion.

Edited: 9:00 am, March 03, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,205 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heathrow airport to bayswater

Back in London, saw this post, and checked it out for myself (I've climbed those stairs before).

As mentioned, 2 changes, at Hammersmith and again at Earls Court are both cross-platform.

Now, those stairs at Bayswater ... not as terrible as I'd thought. 29 in total, in flights of 12, 12 and 5. Of course you'll have your luggage, but that's only 5 more steps than from the D&C platform to ticket hall at Victoria.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,617 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heathrow airport to bayswater

Not quite to the door of the hotel, Nick, but near as dammit. LHR to Bayswater is a b*gger but by hook or by crook....and this is done hoping that agauci has booked the BW Phoenix at 1-8 Kensington Gardens Square.

The Piccadilly line from LHR will (if you want) take you to Hyde Park Corner, where there is an escalator up from the train platform to ticket hall, no stairs at the station. After you pass through the barriers and leave the station look to the right for exit 4 Knightsbridge south side, where there is a ramp up to street level.

Walk back towards the Hyde Park Corner roundabout into Grosvenor Place; from bus stop K take the number 148 towards White City. Stop K isn't nearly as far from the Hyde Park Corner roundabout as it looks in the link here tfl.gov.uk/tfl/…hydeparkcorner-2140.pdf - the spider map is very much not to scale.

Alight at stop A in Bayswater Road, then walk up Queensway to Porchester Gardens and turn left towards Kensington Gardens Square. tfl.gov.uk/tfl/…bayswaterqueensway-2017.pdf

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heathrow airport to bayswater

I agree with Greenwichnick about Heathrow Connect. It's a bit more money than the Underground but simple.

8. Re: Heathrow airport to bayswater

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, October 24, 2012