We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

euston to victoria

manchester england
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
1 review
Save Topic
euston to victoria

can anybody tell me the best way to get from euston train station to victoria, thanks in advance.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,527 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: euston to victoria

What day of the week, what time?

But normally getting the Victoria Line is EASIEST -

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: euston to victoria

maximurph

Following on from above, another option would be, if you fancy the scenic route, you could always jump on the no 73 bus.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,237 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: euston to victoria

Victoria Line southbound towards Brixton. Takes 10 minutes

manchester england
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: euston to victoria

thanks for replies, we will be arriving at euston at approx 10.30 on a saturday morning, 2 nights stay coming home monday afternoon, staying at the premier inn victoria, myself and 2 girls aged 9/12, looking at booking the hop on tour bus to see the sights, any additional info would be most helpful.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: euston to victoria

Two other things you need to be aware of.

Weekend engineering works. The Victoria Line is sometimes closed at weekends, however the weekend of 19th/20th March is the only weekend between now and Easter when it will be closed. Have a look at tfl.gov.uk/assets/…track-closures.pdf to check the engineering work for the weekend that you are coming.

There are escalator works at Victoria Station which restrict access at peak times. It would be advisable to start your journey back to Euston at an off peak time. See tfl.gov.uk/corporate/…5140.aspx for details.

You may wish to consider buying your tickets in advance to save on queues when you get to Euston. See …tfl.gov.uk/english/introduction.htm for more information. If you do not want to buy in advance, there is an information kiosk opposite Platform 10 at Euston which can sell travelcards, and also discounted tickets for some of the hop on hop off bus tours.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,604 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: euston to victoria

The 73 will take you to Victoria, but for the PI in Eccleston Square I think there's a better bus route.

From Euston walk towardsEuston Square station and then a short distance along Gower Street to stop N - it's much nearer Euston Square station and the road junction than it looks on the spider map. tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/…

From stop N take the number 24 towards Pimlico. Enjoy the views as the bus travels past Trafalgar Square and along Whitehall. Alight at stop P in Wilton Road, walk along Warwick Way and turn right at Belgrave Road for the hotel or alight at stop R and walk back along Belgrave Road to Eccleston Square. tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/…

manchester england
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: euston to victoria

great info, cheers

manchester england
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: euston to victoria

ok we have decided to take the tube from euston to victoria and the same on return journey, its the only time we will be using the tube on our visit as i have bought tickets for the hop on,off bus, will i be able to buy a return ticket for the tube on arrival at euston? thanks.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: euston to victoria

No - you have to buy singles. The tube doesn't do returns

manchester england
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: euston to victoria