We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flat rentals - house trip or other agency

New Jersey
Level Contributor
135 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
flat rentals - house trip or other agency

Has anyone ever used a rental agency called housetrip.com? I have been looking at the listing for the Monmouth flat. Alternatively, there is

1 flat through ivy lettings called Lexham Gardens,

2 a studio onDevonshire Terrace W2 - Holiday-Rentals.co.uk/index.cfm/…422610 and

3. Brand New One bed in Chelsea, off Sloane Street!! from flip key.com.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

London, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
81. Re: flat rentals - house trip or other agency

Hello Mandy B,

Thank you for the update. At this stage, I am not 100% sure of the entire context of what has happened, as I cannot look into this without some further information on your side. However, I would just like to clarify one important point, which is that we do not ever communicate directly with the bank of a payee in this way during a payment process, whether the payment is refused by their bank or not.

If you would like our assistance offline in investigating this matter further then we would be more than happy to do so, you can just send me your contact number privately and a member of our customer care team can be in touch with you straight away.

Regards,

Sophie

1 post
Save Reply
82. Re: flat rentals - house trip or other agency

I need you or your husband to contact me then I just came back from my trip in NYC I paid a 300$ deposit and NEED to know when will it be back on my account email carlisa_copelan@yahoo.com I can't find a customer service number nowhere and I've email your company several times

London, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
83. Re: flat rentals - house trip or other agency

Hi Carlisa88,

I'm the PR Executive for HouseTrip and I just came across your recent post on this forum. I have located your booking on our system using the email address that you have provided. However, upon investigation of the circumstances, and from talking to the Host, it appears that they never actually charged you a deposit upon check-in.

To clarify, when you make a reservation through our site the payment for the entire stay is paid at the time of booking using a credit card for security purposes. The money is then held by us and only released to the host 48 hours after the guest has checked-in, as an extra precaution. During this time, guests have 24 hours in which to contact our customer care team should any issues have arisen upon check-in.

We encourage our Hosts to charge a breakage deposit as a form of their own protection. This is up to the host's discretion and is managed by them. However, if this type of deposit is required, it will always be clearly displayed to guests in the extra fees section of the property listing before they book. In this instance though, the host of the particular property that you stayed in did not charge a breakage deposit.

I hope that goes some way to clear up any confusion, but please do not hesitate to contact our customer care team on +1 646 652 0187 or +207 323 2197 should you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Sophie

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
84. Re: flat rentals - house trip or other agency

Dear Junjun, I have read your reply and seen your guarantee which is not what your support staff has stated is not House Trips policy. I recently booked an apartment in Rome and was taken (BY THE HOST) to a completely different site from the one I paid for. In addition the "Host" demanded another 200 euro's for security and kept the money. Your support staff was contacted when the Host did not return the deposit. Your support staff acknowledged that this host has done this before but they were not responsible.

Doesn't sound like a guarantee to me!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
85. Re: flat rentals - house trip or other agency

Dear John_FY2846TS,

My name is Sophie and I'm HouseTrip's PR Executive. I'm very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your experience in Rome. I invite you to please send me your email address that you used to make the booking so that I can look into this matter further for you.

In the meantime, however, I would just like to take the opportunity to clarify for you a couple of the points that you have raised in relation to HouseTrip's pledge. Payment for all stays is made directly upon booking and HouseTrip then hold the payment until 48 hours after the Guest has checked in to a property. The Guest then has 24 hours in which to contact our customer care team if there are any issues at all upon arrival. This 24 hour deadline is clearly stated on the booking confirmation email and our support staff are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In the instance that there is a problem, as in the situation you describe above, our customer care team are on hand to liaise with the Host, re-house the Guest if possible or issue a full refund if required. This is our pledge. After the 48 hour mark has passed and if we have not received any contact from the Guest to say otherwise, we will of course assume that there are no issues with the stay and release the payment to the Host as usual.

With regards to the matter of the Host charging an extra deposit, all extra fees are clearly listed in the appropriate section of a property listing page, so that Guests can clearly see these prior to booking. These fees (if any) are then reiterated in the booking confirmation email. It is up to the Host's discretion as to whether or not they want to charge extra fees, such as a deposit or cleaning fee, however, they are not permitted to charge these unless they are included in the property listing page under the 'additional fees' section at the time of the Guest's booking. If not, then the Guest must to call us and notify us of this issue, which we will then liaise with the Host on the Guest's behalf to solve.

The HouseTrip system was created to be a safe and secure platform for booking holiday rentals. Payments for a stay are made only through the HouseTrip system, by credit card for extra security, and all extra fees must be noted in advance of booking. Any money or fees not recorded on our system, are, therefore, going to be out of our control.

Regards,

Sophie

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
86. Re: flat rentals - house trip or other agency

Thanks for your response. My problem with House Trips is that they acknowledge that this Host had a done this before:

"Unfortunately we also discovered that Andrea has done this to other costumers and he doesn't collaborate with us anymore.

We truly ignored he was continuing manage the bookings belonging to his preceding profile."

This is a response from Stella Delgado in your support area. Does House Trips have any responsibility in insuring customer safety from unscrupulous Hosts?

John

87. Re: flat rentals - house trip or other agency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:04 pm, June 17, 2014
London, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
88. Re: flat rentals - house trip or other agency

Dear Seesaw1988,

Thank you for your comment. Unfortunately, I have not received any private messages from you in my TripAdvisor inbox. If you message me directly on here I will gladly respond, however, as I'm sure you can understand, I do not appreciate being attacked personally.

HouseTrip is a platform connecting hosts and guests. Therefore cancellations, although rare, when they do occur are the decision of the host, not HouseTrip. We do, however, take them very seriously. Hosts who cancel bookings are penalised severely. Our customer care team are also on hand to liaise on a guest's behalf, issue a full refund or re-house the guest.

I can see from our system that our team have worked with you to find an alternative property and you have indeed been successfully relocated.

I do hope you have an enjoyable stay.

Sophie

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
89. Re: flat rentals - house trip or other agency

Hi Sophie,

Just wanted to share with you the support I received from Francois at HouseTrip. He worked with me on investigating an unscrupulous host in Rome who took my 200 euro deposit. He was not able to get the 200 back from the host however did refund the 200 anyway.

I will gladly use HouseTrip again because of this kind of support and client consideration. The business of renting accommodations thru the website based on a picture can be suspect but when the HouseTrip staff will support and work with you thru problems it makes it worth the adventure.

Thank You

John

London, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
90. Re: flat rentals - house trip or other agency

Thank you John, we're glad to be of help.

All the best,

Sophie