We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to Edinburgh Advice

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Prescott, Arizona
Level Contributor
32 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Train to Edinburgh Advice

The wife and I are planning a trip to the UK late May - early June. We plan to travel from London to Edinburgh by train, GNER has great pricing 12.5gbp for the trip. My question is how are the standard accommodations? Obviously first class would be nicer but is it worth it?

Thanks,

Jeff

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,544 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Train to Edinburgh Advice

Yeah, if they charged your credit card, they had to have confirmed your reservation.

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Train to Edinburgh Advice

I just did this on 1/2/06 and we had slightly more room than in a coach seat on an airplane. The trip was approximately 4 hours and it flew by. My recommendation? Don't worry about going first class.

Useful information. If you buy your ticket online be sure to remember which station you are to leave from and pick them up at and remember to bring the credit card you used to pay for them. OH! And don't forget the confirmation number. From what I heard in my research if you don't have all this you won't be able to retrieve your ticket and you'll have to buy them again.