We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Got Back a Few Hours Ago

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,242 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Just Got Back a Few Hours Ago

I left Thursday night from New York with my 17-year old daughter and we stayed until Tuesday afternoon.

We stayed at the Thistle Marble Arch (see my review). The weather was in the 50's, overcast every day with slight drizzle.

It was my first trip to Europe for my daughter (I have been many times) so we did a lot of touristy stuff. On Saturday we did the Tower of London tour and it was great of course. The second half of the day we went to St. Paul's which is a wonderful piece of architecture.

Food is E-X-P-E-N-S-I-V-E. For example, a pizza at Pizza Hut will run you close to $20. I don't know how you can spend less than $100 for a decent dinner, or less than $50 for lunch.

On Sunday we did Madame Tussaud's which was more fun than I expected. We had a great time and I would suggest that you get there early. That night we did the "Jack the Ripper" walk. It lasted about 1 3/4 hours and was quite fun.

Monday was Westminster Abbey. Make sure you take the guided tour since you get to go to parts of the Abbey that are not open to the general public. That night we went to the West End to see "The Producers" which was fabulous. I would recommend that you go during the week when it is less crowded and probably less expensive than the weekend.

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,242 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Just Got Back a Few Hours Ago

The Chamber Live was a real blast. I was hesitant about going at first but since it was my daughter's trip, I let her make most of the choices. We had quite a bit of fun at Madame Tussaud's. Oh, I just read my credit card statement on-line and I see it cost me $75.00 for both of us.

My "Jack the Ripper" walk cost about $25 (it's a WALK for goodness sakes), Westminster Abbey ran me $35.00, the Tower of London was $45.00 and St. Paul's Cathedral was a mere $22.00 (all we did was look around). I think I need to go over to London and open up some type of small tourist business. Got any ideas?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5,617 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Just Got Back a Few Hours Ago

You could charge people for your advice. Open a little booth. Pix's Tourist Tips. Find out where all the cheaper eats are and give them lots of advice. Did the people in the Chamber Live touch you or just jump out?