We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London to Sydney Christmas fares

London
4 posts
Save Topic
London to Sydney Christmas fares

Does anyone have any advice as to when is the best time to get ok fares for London to Sydney return from mid December returning early Jan?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,244 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London to Sydney Christmas fares

There are some regular posters that may be able to help but you might do better by posting on The Australia Forum.

Glenlyon, Australia
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London to Sydney Christmas fares

Nomad- the fares for christmas will not be out for another month. No airlines book more than about 330 days out (how do I know - cos I'm waiting to book an airfare at christmas and both my travel agent and the airline websites say so when I put a date in). The airlines (Emirates, Virgin Atlantic, Qantas, Malaysian, Singapore and Cathay Pacific) usual put out some early bird fares to stimulate demand but these usually have to be paid by about April or June at the latest.

When is the best time? - how long is a piece of string. Some say at the start, some say at the end just before you go. But it is a busy time of the year just around Christams and they do fill up quickly. Airlines do bring out a myriad of fares from time to time that may undercut you or may not according to whether their planes are filling up. If there was another increase in fuel they may go up, if there was another war/scare of some sort travel demand may drop and the fares may as well. But if you must go at that time and want certainty - I would book by about March/April.

London
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: London to Sydney Christmas fares

Thanks 6andy6 - appreciate the tips and will definitely book in another month.

Cheers, NomadicWife