We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For Photography enthusiasts - a couple of exhibitions in...

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,834 posts
Save Topic
For Photography enthusiasts - a couple of exhibitions in...

A couple of interesting photography exhibits in London at the moment that I came across today (Ok I was in a pub and found a Visit London leaflet).

The Coast Exposed at the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich until the 12th February 2006. The Coast Exposed is a celebration of the British coast. This exhibition highlights the coast's beauty, the environmental pressures it faces and its diverse relationship with people.

www.nmm.ac.uk/server/show/ConWebDoc.19283

Wildlife Photographer of the Year at the Natural History Museum in South kensington until the 23rd April 2006. Held annually, the competition aims to find the best wildlife pictures taken by photographers worldwide of all ages.

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/wildphoto/

Another 2 exhibits I shall have to add to my list to go and see.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,514 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: For Photography enthusiasts - a couple of exhibitions in...

Reasons #858 and #859 of why I need to live in London!! Enjoy the exhibitions Mick. Hopefully they'll put some on their websites.

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
928 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: For Photography enthusiasts - a couple of exhibitions in...

Another one to add to the list, at the Museum in Docklands:

Unquiet Thames

Photographs by Crispin Hughes

1 February to 4 June 2006

Discover a hidden world beneath the piers and jetties of Central London through evocative large-scale panoramic photographs. These eerie spaces are flooded alternately with water and light as the tide rises and then falls by 7 meters. See the foreshore revealed in intimate detail as the water creeps around the camera to create a sense of expectation and foreboding.