We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adam <~> Covent Garden

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5,617 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Adam <~> Covent Garden

Adam you had mentioned the other day about Covent Garden. I was watching a great ole movie called Great Expectations and they mentioned Covent Garden. Really makes me look forward to the market areas, plenty of shops. Even if you don't spend money the ambience is good enough.

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Adam <~> Covent Garden

What did I say?

I like Crossroads market in Calgary.

I find Covent Garden touristy and expensive but I am a market purist in many ways--though I have a softspot for Pike Place even with the heaving hordes of tourists, the flowers, fruit and fishes are magnificent, I digress--

Covent Garden was originally a fruit/veg and flower market now the only produce is from expensive little shops and a few cute stalls.

When I was young it was almost derelict so it's nice to see the buildings restored.

Onward, if you and Mrs Onward are interested in flowers and are in London on a sunday then go to the Columbia rd flower market.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5,617 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Adam <~> Covent Garden

Anemone ~> Which area is the Columbia Road market in? Do they just sell flowers or do they have them displayed?

Have you been to Devonian Gardens in Calgary?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,834 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Adam <~> Covent Garden

onward,

Columbia Road market is in the East End of London and there are several markets open on a Sunday in that area. The link nelow will take you to details of the Columbia rd market and other markets in the area:

http://www.eastlondonmarkets.com/

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,881 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Adam <~> Covent Garden

onward, Columbia Road is near (wait for it) Bethnal Green, unless you grab a bus from Liverpool Street station.

The market is a crush, v crowded, so get there early or late to avoid the masses.

Post-market caffeine fix to be had at Jones Dairy Cafe, on Ezra Street.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5,617 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Adam <~> Covent Garden

Travel ~> You're cute! I mean in the way you post.

Mick ~> Thanks that's an interesting site.