We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed and Breakfast in London

Malaysia
Level Contributor
256 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Bed and Breakfast in London

Any recommendation for a 3 night stay in London in November. Would like a place very central, Covent garden, West end ?? Since our stay is short, dont really want to spend too much time on the tube. Thank you.

Chiewy

Ambler, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
982 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bed and Breakfast in London

Hi: Without knowing more about your requirements and budget, it's difficult to recommend a specific property. However, you'll find some decent family-run B&Bs along Gower Street in Bloomsbury. The Morgan Hotel could be especially convenient for you.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
256 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bed and Breakfast in London

Sorry, budget around 80 sterling pounds. Thanks

Ambler, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
982 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bed and Breakfast in London

Hi: The Morgan Hotel would be over-budget. Gower Street has several B&Bs that might suit you... The Jesmond Hotel, Arosfa, Arran House, Ridgemount all get very good reviews on this site. You can read about them in the hotels section here and on their individual web sites. It's a good location for public transportation and easily walkable (if you like to walk) to Covent Garden and West End. Have you looked at Travelodge for Saver Rates? Perhaps you can find a good deal there, as well.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
256 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bed and Breakfast in London

Thank you so much. If I have to choose between Westpont Hotel London and The George London. Both prices are about the same. In terms of locality which is a better choice??

Thank you again

Malaysia
Level Contributor
256 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bed and Breakfast in London

sorry, it should read Westpoint London.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bed and Breakfast in London

Is this the Westpoint Hotel near Paddington station? It's an OK area on the edge of central London with decent transport into the centre proper. In decent weather, it's even a reasonable walk to the western end of Oxford Street or to the north side of Hyde Park.

There are probably many places called "The George" in London - which one are you considering? If it'a the one of Cartwright Gardens, that's a better location, in my opinion.

I don't know either hotel from the inside.

Edited: 11:07 am, September 26, 2010
Malaysia
Level Contributor
256 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bed and Breakfast in London

Thanks. Wetspoint is the one near Paddington. The George is the one along Cartwright gardens. So you think the location of George is better??

Ambler, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
982 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bed and Breakfast in London

Hi: If those are my only options, I would pick The George on Cartwright Gardens. The reviews on this site sound more favorable towards The George, and I prefer the location.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
256 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bed and Breakfast in London

Thanks

10. Re: Bed and Breakfast in London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, March 26, 2011