We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport transfers from Heathrow

sydney
Level Contributor
18 posts
airport transfers from Heathrow

hi, I'm needing to book an airport transfer to Hotel in london,for myself my husband and 14 year old daughter, from Heathrow airport this December 3rd. I have been researching these services on the internet and would like some honest opinions on which ones you would recommend.

I have short listed to Heathrowshuttle.com, easyairportcars.com, and finally Hummingbird Airport Transfer network.

I want something reliable, trustworthy and affordable.

Have you used any of these services and would recommend them?

Thanks........

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
59,598 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: airport transfers from Heathrow

At what time does your flight arrive, please? And where is your destination in central London? Will you have more than one check through size bag and one rollaboard bag each? Let us know a bit more, please.

sydney
Level Contributor
18 posts
2. Re: airport transfers from Heathrow

our flight arrives around 4.30pm. Our destination is Hammersmith London west, and we will have 3 luggage, 3 carry ons and a laptop.

Thanks.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
59,598 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: airport transfers from Heathrow

If you're travelling from LHR to Hammersmith you can save a considerable sum by taking the Underground.

The stations at Heathrow are all step-free; there is a lift up from the Piccadilly line platform to the ticket hall at Hammersmith with a walk of about 30m from lift to the ticket barriers and way out.

Travel time from LHR to Hammersmith is about 25 minutes; a car journey could take longer. Depending on your destination from Hammersmith station you could grab a cab but I don't think the journey from Heathrow to Hammersmith is an arduous one at all on the Piccadilly line.

If you would rather book a car service, have a look at www.justairports.com which can offer an estate car from airport to W6 for £31.

sydney
Level Contributor
18 posts
4. Re: airport transfers from Heathrow

thanks for your quick reply. Seeing it will be a long haul flight from Sydney, we will all be very tired, so the idea of getting on a train is out of the question. We would prefer someone waiting at the terminal for us, and we just get into the car.

I will look into the company you mentioned, and thanks again......

5. Re: airport transfers from Heathrow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:42 am, March 13, 2011