We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Britannia Pub - Kensington

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Britannia Pub - Kensington

When we were in London in September, we were dismayed to find our favorite pub, the Britannia (Allen Street, Kensington - a Young's pub), closed for renovation. We have since heard that it is back open and I was wondering if any Londoners on the forum have visited and what they think of the "new" Britannia.

We don't return until late May and the suspense is killing us. :o)

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,678 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Britannia Pub - Kensington

I used to to drink there a long time ago. I think they had a Thai restaurant at one time but after the refurb it looks like the food is now traditional British with a twist according to the website www.britanniakensington.co.uk.

If I'm passing I will nip in and check, purely for research purposes of course!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Britannia Pub - Kensington

The new menu looks a bit "fancier" (££) than it used to be. They used to have really good fish and chips - now I see it's Dover Sole with lobster sauce. Oh, my!

I know it's a big sacrifice, Adam. But it is research afterall. :o) Thanks!!

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,678 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Britannia Pub - Kensington

Hi Kay,

Had a pint of Youngs and some lunch in The Britannia today.

The renovation looks very nice in the typical modernist pub style that is so prevelant today. Lots of wood and comfy chairs in the pub itself with a light airy restaurant at the back.

The food looked very expensive for what you get. Most mains were in the £12-£15 bracket. I had a minute steak on ciabatta bread with salad and delicious chips for £7.95 - expensive for what I got although a new bar snack menu is due soon.

Cheers!

adamhornets@yahoo.com

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,678 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Britannia Pub - Kensington

Hi Kay,

Had a pint of Youngs and some lunch in The Britannia today.

The renovation looks very nice in the typical modernist pub style that is so prevelant today. Lots of wood and comfy chairs in the pub itself with a light airy restaurant at the back.

The food looked very expensive for what you get. Most mains were in the £12-£15 bracket. I had a minute steak on ciabatta bread with salad and delicious chips for £7.95 - expensive for what I got although a new bar snack menu is due soon.

Cheers!

adamhornets@yahoo.com

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Britannia Pub - Kensington

Thanks so much for checking it out, Adam. Their new menu on the website looked a little pricey. Maybe by the time we're there in May they'll have their bar menu.

Thanks again! You're the greatest!! :o)