We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guildhall on a Friday itinerary to check

Santander, Spain
Level Contributor
1,904 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Guildhall on a Friday itinerary to check

I have found Guildhall in my "things to do in London" folder. I am planning our Friday in London and have read that it is free on Fridays.

My question is if it is worth a visit (specially for the amphitheatre with the kids) before a visit to the new galleries in the Museum of London. I mean being free on Fridays...Would the amphitheatre be included anyway?

So, planning would be:

Walk from Liverpool Street

Guildhall (short visit)

Museum of London (new galleries/already been to the museum)

Then we have tickets for The Ceremony of the Keys, so we need something in between.

Would it be OK to pay a visit to Borough Market, then dinner around the Tower and then the Ceremony?

What do you think????

Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
42,523 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guildhall on a Friday itinerary to check

Sounds like a decent plan Ramon.

The art gallery might not interest the kids but the amphitheatre is certainly unique in that there is nothing like it in London. It is included in the entrance.

The stalls at Borough Market starts closing up around 6.00pm so before or after lunch you could walk from the Museum of London past St Paul's and over the Millennium Bridge to Tate Modern and the Globe before continuing along the river past the replica of the Golden Hinde and Clink Prison to reach the market as it starts to wind up.

Santander, Spain
Level Contributor
1,904 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guildhall on a Friday itinerary to check

Thanks Adam

Sounds great. We can walk to the market after lunch or before, depending on the time we spend at the museum.

The South Bank walk was great last May. We walked from the Tower to Westminster and we really liked it. Maybe this time we can walk it the other way (from Tate to Tower) and the idea of crossing the Millenium Bridge is always very attractive for my daughters...and...OK,..., yes, we might pop into Tate Modern to send a video message to our friends...that's what it takes when you travel with kids, doesn't it???

Thanks again

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,743 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guildhall on a Friday itinerary to check

I'm not a big museum or art gallery person but I did enjoy some of the older paintings in Guildhall. They had some old drawings/paintings of London Bridge that I found fascinating. The amphitheatre was also interesting.

4. Re: Guildhall on a Friday itinerary to check

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 07, 2011