We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Lion King Tickets for under £45?

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
103 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Any Lion King Tickets for under £45?

My wife and I are would like to see the Lion King between Fri 30th Dec - Sunday 1st Jan 2006 in London. Please advise as to where I can purchase tickets for under £45

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Lion King Tickets for under £45?

I think you'll be luckey to get anything for thsoe dates. I've had a quick look at a few ticket sites and most have no availability for your dates. The only one where they have tickets they're coming up at £62.50 for £50 tickets!

I saw the show a few weeks ago and I'd say you really need to be in the stalls to get the best from the show. I can't recall exactly what we paid, but we booked months ago. I enjoyed the show, but can't say I'd be bothered to see it again. But then our kids are grown now and so there wasn't the fun of seeing their reactions. My sister thoroughly enjoyed it, and her kids are smaller (13, 10 & 6) and it was her 40th birthday treat to go!

If you're going, try to avoid the matinee, unless you have young children. There was a constant stream of people taking children out to the loo, and also the chatter of small children constantly in the background. When my Mum booked the tickets she was told children under 5 were not admitted, but there were lots smaller than 5 and they were disruptive. (OK, so maybe I'm intolerant, but when I've paid over £40 a ticket I like to be able to hear what's going on, and for the person in front to stay sitting in their seat instead of getting up and down all the time!!)

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Lion King Tickets for under £45?

Try this link ticketmaster.co.uk/venueartist/188732/930833…

They have tickets for £42.50 on 1st Jan, 3pm performance, but you have to add a delivery charge and credit card commission fee which brings the price up a fair bit! There's nothing in the less exepnsive seats and nothing at all on 30th or 31st.

MT
Viborg, Denmark
Level Contributor
459 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Lion King Tickets for under £45?

You can always try and go to the TKTS ticketshop in Leicester Square (the one in the belltower) on the day of the performance and see if anything is availiable (tickets are half price)

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Lion King Tickets for under £45?

I purchased tickets to Mary Poppins, Phantom and the Nutcracker all through the box office of the theatre for each show. We ended up with wonderful seats and didn't have the extra charges, all tickets to be picked up at the box office so I don't have to remember to bring them with us. All shows were showing sold out through the regular websites but we got great seats by going direct to the source.

Debbie