We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow Terminal 5 to Kings Cross/St Pancras - how long?

UK
Level Contributor
196 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow Terminal 5 to Kings Cross/St Pancras - how long?

We will be arriving on a BA flight from Hong Kong to Heathrow Terminal 5 at 5:05 on a Saturday morning in April. We then need to get to St Pancras for a train. I want to book an advance train ticket for cheapness (and I know there's always a risk in doing that) but I'm wondering how quickly we could be at the Heathrow underground station (to get the Piccadilly line) after arriving at Terminal 5?

Any help gratefully received.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow Terminal 5 to Kings Cross/St Pancras - how long?

I allow an hour to get through immigration and baggage claim.

Then it's a further hour to get to Kings Cross St Pancras tube station, plus 5 to 10 mins to get from their to the railway station.

Plus however long you want to allow for delays on the flight.

Is this the weekend of the 10th & 11th? I think there are engineering works on the PIccadilly line that weekend.

UK
Level Contributor
196 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow Terminal 5 to Kings Cross/St Pancras - how long?

Thanks. It's not 10th, it's the weekend after - nothing showing on the tfl website in terms of engineering on the Piccadilly Line.

If anyone else has any tips , I should mention we'd be on EU passports (assuming that's the quickest).

I'm also aware that the tube station at Heathrow is (or was) called Terminals 1-2-3 and we'd be at Terminal 5. Is it a long way?

Edited: 12:04 pm, February 08, 2010
Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,838 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow Terminal 5 to Kings Cross/St Pancras - how long?

There is a Tube station at T5

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,893 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heathrow Terminal 5 to Kings Cross/St Pancras - how long?

Which flight have you booked? BA26 has a scheduled arrival time at T5 of 0455 and BA28 arrives at 0525. BA12 from SIN (are you connecting there from HKG?) arrives at 0505, but uses T3.

If you have booked either of the flights to T5 you'll arrive at the start of a busy time at T5, as a handful of long haul flights arrive between 0500 - 0600. That should mean that passport control will / should be speedy; bags are usually on the belt by the time you get through passport control and downstairs to the baggage hall.

An arrival at T3 should be almost as quick, and you can shave off about five minutes of travel time from airport to KX. The walk to the Underground station serving T1 / 3 is a bit longer but there are travelators in place to minimise the schlep.

UK
Level Contributor
196 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heathrow Terminal 5 to Kings Cross/St Pancras - how long?

My BA26 arrival time is 0505 on my stuff (it's from Qantas, but I'm on the BA flight for that bit of my journey).

Think I will risk booking the 0755 train from St Pancras based on folks' advice.

Thanks

6. Re: Heathrow Terminal 5 to Kings Cross/St Pancras - how long?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 08, 2010