We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London To Dublin return - BMI Vs Aer Lingus

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london, ontario
Level Contributor
248 posts
London To Dublin return - BMI Vs Aer Lingus

I will be flying from London to Dublin and back and bot AL & BMI have great fares although I think BMI lets you bring more as carry on. Does any have a preference of one over the other for this trip and why?

Dublin
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
89 reviews
11. Re: London To Dublin return - BMI Vs Aer Lingus

It's a fifty minute flight. Not a 2000 mile journey through Siberia in the wintertime.

London, England
Level Contributor
2,083 posts
25 reviews
12. Re: London To Dublin return - BMI Vs Aer Lingus

As Insightful said, it's a less than an hour flight, who cares what the service is like as long as you get there in one piece! Go with whoever is cheapest!

london, ontario
Level Contributor
248 posts
13. Re: London To Dublin return - BMI Vs Aer Lingus

it matters because i will be catching a later flight on my return to Heathrow, and all the BMI reviews talk about them being delayed, and also, i will have a laptop and a carry on bag as well as checked baggage ( if they take forever getting it to baggage pickup that may make me late for the later flight), and BMI seems to allow more carry on...

London, England
Level Contributor
2,083 posts
25 reviews
14. Re: London To Dublin return - BMI Vs Aer Lingus

Well then, it seems as if you have already made up your mind to fly BMI. Ryan Air also fly to Dublin, and have very cheap fares at the moment, but not too sure what their luggage allowance is.

dublin
Level Contributor
183 posts
67 reviews
15. Re: London To Dublin return - BMI Vs Aer Lingus

I do the Dublin Heathrow route on a regular basis as do my three daughters. We all find that aer lingus is the preferred carrier. I would advise caution before you touch bmi baby.on one occasion when booking on the internet, on their website, my teenage daughter I nadvertently keyed in my husbands details. The ticket was then printed in his name.No amount of discussion with their call centre, located in India, could persuade them to change the ticket to my daughters name. Eventually we re booked the ticket for my husband to use on another occasion incurring un necessary expense and had to make a new booking for my daughter . It appears the call centre has very little power to make changes. I phoned the ticket desk in Dublin airport and was informed by their rep there that this is not an uncommon problem. We shouldnt have made the mistake in the first place I know .A point to consider if you are doing a lot of air travel is who has air miles.

dublin
Level Contributor
183 posts
67 reviews
16. Re: London To Dublin return - BMI Vs Aer Lingus

One of my friends has a saying. Life is too short to DRINK CHEAP WINE or fly RYAN AIR.

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,043 posts
17. Re: London To Dublin return - BMI Vs Aer Lingus

You're friend obviously has more money than sense. Ryanair is actually the most punctual airline in Europe (fact). So by saving money on her flights she could buy herself some nice expensive wine

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
52,866 posts
15 reviews
18. Re: London To Dublin return - BMI Vs Aer Lingus

It's a moot point to suggest that snowbunny fly with FR to DUB, as that airline does not fly from LHR.

s'bunny, you were wondering why some pax were not seated in the emergency exit row - there are fairly stringent guidelines for who can and can't sit in that row, even for short haul flights. Pax must be able to understand the directions for operating the exit and be physically able to assist other pax (and crew) in case of an emergency. It's common for emergency exit row seats to be assigned at check in, because ground crew need to assess pax for suitability.

EI fly into T1 at LHR - will your next flight be back to Canada? If so, are you flying with AC from T3 or BA from T4? If the latter, make sure you allow at least two hours between flights, to ensure you and your checked bags get from T1 to T4. T3 is a bit closer to T1, but it's still wise to allow plenty of time between flights.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
52,866 posts
15 reviews
19. Re: London To Dublin return - BMI Vs Aer Lingus

Just realised - this thread is almost a year old -- doh!

Dublin
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
89 reviews
20. Re: London To Dublin return - BMI Vs Aer Lingus

Yes the thread is a year old. But, if you were to ask snowbunny a year later whether there were any problems in relation to her return flight from London to Dublin, the odds are there were none. Face it, snowbunny was a worrier and - irrespective of the airline she ultimately chose - she probably wasted a certain portion of her holiday fretting over events which never materialised. So the words of the song make sense: "Don't worry. Be happy."