We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lion King London - Lyceum Theatre

Belgium
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Lion King London - Lyceum Theatre

Hey,

I'm planning to go to the Lion king Show in the Lyceum Theatre.

But i'm not certain if i have to reservate seats for the Orchestra Stalls or in the Royal Circle???

Did someone already see to this show?

What do you suggest?

Thanks

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,515 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lion King London - Lyceum Theatre

I've been with my children twice. Both times we were near the front of the Royal Circle as this gave them, and me, a better view.

The plus to sitting in the Orchestra seating would be proximity to what happens at the beginning of the show (don't want to give anything away to anyone who's not been!). Unless you are in the first few rows of the Orchestra area I'd go with the Royal Circle - but this is my personal preference. Hopefully some other posters will come give their view.

Wherever you sit it's a wonderful show, enjoy!

Spain
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lion King London - Lyceum Theatre

I've just booked seats on the 2nd row of the orchestra stalls and going off earlier reply, feel I'm in for a treat !!

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lion King London - Lyceum Theatre

Hi there,

we sat in the Royal Circle and it was fine but perhaps a bit far away. I was actually dissapointed in this show, felt it lacked energy and compared badly to Mary Poppins and Billy Elliott. I suppose for a childrens' theatre experience it is great, but the day we went, everything was lacking in energy as if the cast was simply going through their paces. Hope you have a better experience with it.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
3,247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lion King London - Lyceum Theatre

Hi Fred We saw this show earlier in the year and it was great. We had, admittedley cheap tickets which were way up in the top of the the theatre but it was great for both the children and adults. So along and enjoy.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,600 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lion King London - Lyceum Theatre

Try theatremonkey.com, they give reviews for the best and worst seats in most of the major theatres and are always spot on.

Belgium
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lion King London - Lyceum Theatre

Thanks for all the help and links!

I've booked places on the 2nd row...hopefully we have a great night.

greetz