We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - Edinburgh to Bristol or London??

AM
Chandigarh, India
Level Contributor
57 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Help - Edinburgh to Bristol or London??

Hi

Group of 4 people. Going from London to Edinburgh and coming back after 1 day. We have 2 days after return in London before we fly back out of UK. We want to spend 1 night in Bath after returning from Edinburgh. Dont really want the hassle to check into London for 1 night then go to bath overnight and then back into london for next night before we fly out early morning. Is it possible to fly out to Bristol direct from Edinburgh and then proceed to Bath for overnight stay. How far is Bath from Bristol and is this a good idea?

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Brighton, Nice
Level Contributor
6,246 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help - Edinburgh to Bristol or London??

You can fly from Edinburgh to Bristol with Easyjet: www.easyjet.co.uk

You didn't give your dates, so I can't give you an idea of cost, but the further in advance you book, the cheaper it is.

Bristol airport is about 15 miles from Bath. You can take the Bristol Airport Flyer express Coach Service, which goes from outside the airport every half hour, and takes you to Bristol Temple Meads Station. From there you can catch a train to Bath (15 min journey).

AM
Chandigarh, India
Level Contributor
57 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help - Edinburgh to Bristol or London??

Thanks for the quick reply. We are travelling from Edinburgh on 2nd Nov. I have the rates from easyjet and they are quite good. What we want to do it stay overnight in Bath then drive back to London so that we can cover Stonehenge and Windsor castle on the way back. I don't know if that is possible. Are there are tours from Bath which let us get off in London or is it better to hire a car which we can laeve in London?

Thanks.

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Brighton, Nice
Level Contributor
6,246 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help - Edinburgh to Bristol or London??

That question has been debated quite a bit in this forum over the past few days - go to

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k30751…

daytrips_outside_span_class_hterm_London_span-l1822077-London_England.html#1822077

Bear in mind that it will be dark here by 4pm once the clocks go back.

There is a coach tour that does this trip in reverse from London - I'm not sure what the situation is from Bath, but hopefully another forum member will be able to help.

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
306 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help - Edinburgh to Bristol or London??

The best way to do it would be a one way car hire. There are loads of companies that do this with approximate costs of around £40 - £120 per day according to the car model. It should take about an hour and fifteen from Bath to Stonehenge and an hour and three quarter from Stonehenge to Windsor. There is a car park across the road from Stonehenge and plenty of parking in Windsor.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help - Edinburgh to Bristol or London??

Another airline our own expensive british airways - ba.com however, they sometimes do good deals on edinburgh-bristol route.Bristol airport is a lot less busy than the london ones so you can get through baggage pretty quickly. On the way in on the bus admire the view of the suspension bridge over the avon gorge! Another thought is airportcarz.com to take you direct to Bath, not sure of their costs? The flyer bus into bristol will cost 4 of you £20 single + train fare £20ish? to Bath.

As the last poster said a one way hire should be the most flexible way to do stonehenge (english-heritage.co.uk) and windsor.