We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Haircut in London

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Basel, Switzerland
Level Contributor
127 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Haircut in London

Here I go again, asking for help with something I'd rather do in the UK than in Switzerland! (My English is far better than my German and I still think in inches and not in metric)

I'd like to get a haircut when I'm in London next week. I've seen the discussions of the fancy/trendy/beautiful people salons, which just aren't for me.

Suggestions on where to get a less than 40GBP haircut in zones 1 - 3 where if you don't look like a fashion model you won't be treated like a leper?

Thanks!

St. George UT
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Haircut in London

In the lower floor of the Bond Street Tube Station is a Supercuts shop. In May I got one of the best haircuts I've ever had from a young Eastern European hair stylist who had only been in the Uk for less than a month. Don't remember her name but she was more than eager to please this customer.

The price was reasonable, too. Good luck!

Florida
Level Contributor
3,035 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Haircut in London

There was a thread about haircuts recently. You might want to check it out.

tripadvisor.com/…1494028

Basel, Switzerland
Level Contributor
127 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Haircut in London

results - Thanks! I'd normally shy away from a place like that, but I might just stop in and ask for someone who is Eastern European and take it from there.

whistlingdixie - That post is what inspired me to post this. The salons mentioned there are the "fancy/trendy/beautiful people" types that make me feel highly uncomfortable! Thank you, though, for pointing me to a thread that might have helped!!

Florida
Level Contributor
3,035 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Haircut in London

Oops. Sorry Evilshell. I didn't realize you had already seen that thread.

LOL I will be surprised if you find someone in that shop who ISN'T Eastern European.

St. George UT
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Haircut in London

Au Contraire...in May at the Bond St. Super Cuts, this young woman seemed to be the only Eastern European hair stylist. The key point of my earlier response was her eagerless to please. She was much more accommodating than my regular hairstylist by a longshot.

london
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Haircut in London

There is a similar salon just by Kensington Square/Wodka - can't think of the name, but they hand out cards on High St Ken and employ hairdressers who've just arrived in England. The cuts are cheap by London standards and I had an Italian hairdresser who gave me the best cut I've ever had. Very low-key place, not intimidating at all.

Basel, Switzerland
Level Contributor
127 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Haircut in London

For anyone interested...

I ended up getting my hair cut at Fish in Soho. The price wasn't bad (38GBP for cut and style, took about an hour), the people were friendly and the girl who cut my hair (Donna) was quite good. I will definitely be going back to her for upkeep when I head back early next year! (The problem will be finding someone locally who can do a small trim and keep the style/shape between now and then!)

Thanks for all the advice