We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Come, rationalize my choice with me

Mount Laurel, NJ
Level Contributor
946 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Come, rationalize my choice with me

Hi all -- I've been on the hunt (much like Nurse) for a hotel room for myself and 16 y.o. son for our upcoming 10 night/11 day June/July 2006 trip.

Year before last, we stayed at the Rubens which had to be the smallest hotel room I've ever seen. When sitting on the side of the bed, my son's knees almost hit the wall - at least there was no hope of misplacing anything in the room. This trip, he's taller and while it would be a hoot to stay in the same room and see if his knees WOULD hit the wall, I'd rather change.

Soooo, I've been going back & forth between "Pricelining" the hotel, staying at Travel Inn County Hall or Astons Apartments. I think I've chosen Astons even though it will be several hundred USD more than the other options based on location, kitchenette and responses from the Manager. I'm thinking we may be able to get away with breakfast everyday and possibly a lunch/dinner several times during the week which may "make up the difference." The Astons seems to have gotten many favorable reviews over the past years, but my concern is that EVERYONE says how small the rooms are. Will this be Rubens revisited?

Think this is long winded - wait till my trip report!!

As always - thanks for your help and time.

Jane

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,845 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Come, rationalize my choice with me

Hi Jane

I too was sold on Aston's by the positive reviews here.

(That's my review-----"think small; think miniature.") :)

I haven't been to Rubens yet, but I'm guessing what you'll have at Aston's will be smaller.

The bedroom portion of my room at Aston's was about the size of a walk-in closet. I'd show you pictures of it but I'm having difficulty posting pictures with my review. We're still working on that.

There was no place to put my luggage. I had clothes hanging over the back of the chair and hanging on an open door.

All things considered it wasn't that spectacular a value in the end.

I'm sure they do have more spacious apartments than the one I had. But I can only comment on the one I stayed in.

That's a good idea whoever suggested calling and getting the square footage of the unit you'll likely be staying in. Know what you're getting into.

Save travels....