We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Message For Bob007

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Message For Bob007

Bob, can you lay off the wonderfully descriptive joys of being in London? You're destroying me. Another hot day today, I guess there will be no fall yet again. Sue and I went towards the coast where it was a bit more pleasant. Had a couple of pints at the Moylan's brew pub along with a darn nice pizza. Heard of Moylan's? Pub

UK
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Message For Bob007

Hi Pub-7, Where's S.F. ?

total guess .... San Francisco ?

Come over to the UK if you can't stand the heat ! We've got the central heating on over here, and the leaves are turning yellow !!! And I've got a cold....

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,514 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Message For Bob007

Hey Pub, Fall arrived yesterday morning. It lasted 6 hours and then the sun came out - they're calling for warm weather this week. So, I'm in the same boat you are. Thur it was 90 degrees here!!

How was the Kilt Lifter at Moylans? No London descriptions for you but I will give you 2 websites I think you'll find of interest. The first one is pubcrawler.com (similar to fancyapint.com from London). Lots of info on bars and microbreweries across the US and Canada.

Second website is book related. I think this is the best used booksite on the face of the earth. abebooks.com I've been using them for a couple of years now and saved tons of money on books. For our mutual interest in English history I called up Alison Weir's book on the Six Wives of Henry VIII. Found a copy listed in a Seattle bookstore for $1.00 Of course, there is a shipping charge of a few bucks. They list the condition of the book as well. The descriptions are spot on. Since discovering abebooks, I rarely buy books in bookstores anymore. I hope both of these sites will be of use to you. Cheers, Bob

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Message For Bob007

Bob, thanks! I'll look in to that. Nolana, maybe you haven't seen me around here, I've been 7 times and yes I can't wait to go back. In September it was fall like, loved it. S.F. is San Francisco. Grew up there but now I live in Concord/Walnut Creek area, which is about 30 minutes east of the city. Pub

P.S. Bob, didn't have th Kilt Lifter but at the pub they only serve it 10oz. glasses! Too strong I guess.

UK
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Message For Bob007

I wondered what you meant by 'kilt lifter'..... till you added the last bit. I can't remember where it is... but there's a pub somewhere around (London ? or the WEst of England ?) that has a statue of a scot wearing a kilt in the lady's toilets.... any time a lady (?) lifts the kilt to look underneath a hooter goes off in the bar and all the men fall about laughing .... anyone remember seeing/hearing this ?

Florida
Level Contributor
3,035 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Message For Bob007

Bob, Thanks for sharing the book website with Pub. Those of us lurking about are happy to have it too.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,514 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Message For Bob007

You're welcome whistlingdixie. It's a great site. When I first discovered it, I put in some titles that I had literally been looking for a couple of years and found them. They will have me as a customer for a long time.