We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jerry Springer the Opera and Blood Brothers?

Charlottesville, VA
9 posts
Save Topic
Jerry Springer the Opera and Blood Brothers?

Any good? I'd love to take my 20 students ages 14 - 18. What do you think?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,244 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jerry Springer the Opera and Blood Brothers?

Blood Brothers would be the choice of teachers in the UK. I've not seen Jerry Springer but I understand the language is pretty rich and the theatre itself says the production isn't suitable for children.

Meriden, Ct
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jerry Springer the Opera and Blood Brothers?

I've seen both and Blood Brothers would be my choice. At the London performance my wife and I attended there were several groups of US students. I agree w/Adam C., the language and general tone of Springer is something I would not want my teenagers subjected to.

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jerry Springer the Opera and Blood Brothers?

Jerry Springer is awful! Saw it last year and I almost walked out and I am no prude.

MT
Viborg, Denmark
Level Contributor
459 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jerry Springer the Opera and Blood Brothers?

Jerry Springer is hilarious, however it is not suitable for children which the theatre also makes very clear, so i would go with Blod Brothers.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
396 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jerry Springer the Opera and Blood Brothers?

Jerry Springer is very bad. Not funny nor entertaining. Lots of f.. words, thought, and it seems it made some people laught. I listedn to Emenem (as I amsure many of your students) and don't notice faul language anymore. Try to get tickets for Producers with Nathan Lane; I heard it's good.

Charlottesville, VA
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Jerry Springer the Opera and Blood Brothers?

Thank you all. Blood Brothers yes, Jerry Springer no. Believe me, it seemed unfortunate to go to London to see Jerry SPringer but I did read a few surprisingly positive reviews AND my kids do love satire. No worries. Now, to pick out another show. Probably the Queen musical or Woman in White.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,244 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jerry Springer the Opera and Blood Brothers?

Why not go for a straight play rather than a musical? You can compare the two styles. I would have thought that the kids would prefer We Will Rock You to The Woman In White as the latter is Andrew Lloyd Webber as his most bombastic and therefore to many kids, boring.