We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English China Replacements

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,367 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
English China Replacements

Here's a more challenging question for you...

I have some Wedgewood china and I need some replacements, but the company stopped making the pattern twenty years ago and it isn't available in their stores any more. It was only sold in London and only in the three Wedgewood stores. What I need is a business in London that deals in new/used out-of-production china.

(The dishes are Wedgewood, bone china with "FLORENTINE W4170" on the back. Dark green with gold griffin around the outside.)

I've also thought about advertising for it in London newspapers, but I don't know which papers would be the right ones to use nor how to contact them.

I've tried Replacements, Ltd here in the US and they have a few pieces but I refuse to pay $125 per plate.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,635 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: English China Replacements

I'm not an expert but I like a challenge!

Go to the Portobello Road Market website (www.portobelloroad.co.uk) and type in Wedgwood - a lot of possibilities with further websites for you to investigate, phone numbers etc.

Even if if they cannot help you directly, I'm sure they will point you in the right direction.

Of course, there's always e-bay.

Good luck and please let me know how you get on!

Adam C

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,493 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: English China Replacements

Hate to be negative, but if you're worried about price, you won't find bargains in England, let alone London at the current exchange rate. Here's a plate for 50GBP which at the current exchange is ~$100.

www.marg.co.uk/cat/group_old.asp?grp=699

However, here's a US website with plenty of stock

http://edish.com/e/inventory.asp?p=1205

Also look on ebay.com They have a covered veg dish ($450 but gorgeous)

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll…

Here's a page with lots of matching services both here, in Canada (good option) and in the UK.

…netcentral.co.uk/steveb/…match.htm

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,367 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: English China Replacements

Thanks for the good sugestions. And, nywhiz, you're a great researcher!

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: English China Replacements

Try the website: www.replacements.com. They have the largest inventory of china in the world - they carry almost everything or you can list your china pattern with them if they don't have any pieces. I have bought several discontinued pieces of china from them.

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: English China Replacements

I too was attempting to replace a discontinued piece of China. I went to the fine china department at Harrods. They did not have any surplus stock of what I needed but the knowledgeable and most helpful sales people put me on to a couple of antique shops in London where I was able to find my replacement within an hour after leaving Harrods. This is an option you might wish to explore. Good Luck.