We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

west end shows

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire UK
11 posts
Save Topic
west end shows

Me and my girlfriend are going to be visiting london next month. we want to go see a show in the west end. can anybody suggest any good ones that they have seen, or heard about please.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,206 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: west end shows

There are so many good choices at the moment with some great new serious theatre coming soon as well. Without knowing your likes it's impossible to suggest something but have a look at these two sites to help with your planning.

www.theatremonkey.com for seating plans and reviews

www.whatsonstage.com for news on new show and other useful stuff

London
Level Contributor
938 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: west end shows

Depends what you are into but I loved Mamma Mia. The Lion King and Mary Poppins are also great but probably not your cup of tea? If you want a classic my fav is Les Miserables.

If you want a play rather than a musical then I would reccomend The Woman in Black.

Devon
Level Contributor
443 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: west end shows

Has to be "Mamma Mia" have seen it 3 times (last Friday night was the 3rd!) and would see it again tomorrow if I could. Have also seen "The producers" "Chicago" and "Saturday Night Fever" but wouldnt want to see any of those again, of course its all down to a matter of taste.

UK
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: west end shows

Mamma Mia is great, The Blood Brothers and We will rock you are also in my favorites :)

Another recommendation will be to visit http://www.broadwaybox.com/london for discount codes and for prices & seats compression between the different agencies.