We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Twenty Nevern Square

Basel, Switzerland
Level Contributor
127 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Twenty Nevern Square

I've checked out the reviews of Twenty Nevern Square, along with posts regarding the hotel. Most of the reviews are quite good, however, there are very few recent reviews.

I'm hoping the hotel hasn't changed much, and that it is as-advertised.

We obtained a rate of 85 GBP, inclusive of taxes and breakfast, for five nights in October and "deluxe/luxury double".

It seems to be a very good rate for this hotel.

Those of you who have stayed here - what are your thoughts?

Also, what room were you in, and what was it classified as? We are afraid of getting an itty bitty room where the bed is up against the wall on one side so that the other person has to climb over the outside one!

Thanks for any and all info!

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,358 Reviews
from $131.10*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,128 Reviews
from $139.80*
$155.40
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
515 Reviews
from $118.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
477 Reviews
from $349.20*
Illinois
Level Contributor
638 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Twenty Nevern Square

My husband and I stayed there this summer and enjoyed the hotel very much. Great location--close to the Earl's Court tube station, but on a quiet square. We were in Room 11, which was small, but you could get around. Very clean. My sister and her husband were in Room 17 and they could barely move. So be sure to ask about the room when you book it. You'll enjoy the breakfast--really nice. And the staff is very nice as well. You'll like it there.

Brantford, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Twenty Nevern Square

Hi evilshell,

Your rate of 85 GBP is great, we are booked into 20 Nevern Square from Sept. 23 to Oct. and are paying 109 GBP. That is quite a difference. Our room is also described as a deluxe/luxury double. Tell me did you book on line or did you call direct.

Basel, Switzerland
Level Contributor
127 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Twenty Nevern Square

Hi Wendy,

I found the rate online, but emailed the hotel for clarification. I then just booked directly with them.

The rate is what made me nervous that perhaps we were going to be stuck in a tiny room with the bed up against a wall, or no room to walk!

Brantford, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Twenty Nevern Square

evilshell, I just called the hotel to inquire about our room and the rate, and was told by Emil the clerk that ours is a deluxe double for 109 GBP and the 85 GBP rate is for a standard double which is a smaller room.

If you are worried about the size, maybe you should give them a call to make sure. I don't have any idea about he actual dimensions, but WildMom said in her post that her travel companions room was quite small.

What dates will you actually be there? If we get back before you depart, I will post a description on the forum for you.

Dublin
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Twenty Nevern Square

There's something soul destroying about exceptionally small hotel rooms. Admittedly, most visitors to London see little of their hotel rooms because they spend most of the time sightseeing and enjoying themselves in various pleasure spots. But there's a sinking feeling involved in returning to one's minuscule hotel bedroom. And, if the bathroom is equally small, you often have to be a gymnast of Olympic quality simply to use the shower.

Although it's great to avail of monetary bargains from time to time, there's also much to be said in favour of spending the extra money for additional space. After all, some people only visit London once or twice in a lifetime.

Basel, Switzerland
Level Contributor
127 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Twenty Nevern Square

Wendy,

Interesting! Our confirmation says "deluxe double"! I guess we'll have to see, but if it is the miniscule room, I will put up a fuss :) I am one of those who prints everything out, just in case I need it to back up my case. 99% of the time I am tossing out useless emails that I've brought along, but for that 1% it is worth it!

Insightful,

Oh yes, something very soul destroying about a miniscule room! And a miniscule shower...neither myself or my husband are extremely skinny! I've heard some hotels have bathrooms that are the size of airplane toilets, more or less. I don't think we'll have a toilet that small, or so I hope :)

Fortunately, this isn't a once in a lifetime trip for us, we're only an hour's flight away. We do appreciate being comfortable during our trip, though - which is why we selected this hotel!

Dublin
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Twenty Nevern Square

Hope it works out well for you evilshell. I once forked out 120 GBP for a room in the Kensington House Hotel. The room resembled a monk's cell (unlike the impressive photographs they used to advertise the place). And the bathroom was a strange capsule which required incredible tenacity and strength of character to negotiate. I can tell from the tenor of your posts, however, that "the lady's not for turning" (as Margaret Thatcher once observed of herself) and that - if there's a fight about which room you booked - you will win hands down.

Basel, Switzerland
Level Contributor
127 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Twenty Nevern Square

Thanks Insightful. I think that's what we're afraid of, a room like a monk's cell!! Hopefully it will all work out ok - at least they're not the type of place that charges you in advance.

This is the type of thing that makes me nervous to book a hotel, particularly in London. London hotels have such a poor reputation for bad rooms, horrible customer service, etc. that it makes me a bit gunshy!

Illinois
Level Contributor
638 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Twenty Nevern Square

I haven't been on here for a while, but I wonder, evilshell, if you called the hotel and requested a specific room if they would accomodate you. Their front desk people are very nice, and they may just be able to make a note on your reservation.

Basel, Switzerland
Level Contributor
127 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Twenty Nevern Square

Wildmom - that's what I was hoping to do with this post, in part. Find out what rooms people might have stayed in and what was good - and what wasn't! Thanks for the advice!