We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weatherspoon Pub

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
261 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Weatherspoon Pub

I googled Weatherspoon Pub and found a great deal of negative reviews.

Service is poor.

Food is cold.

Portion little

Pub not clean

Quality of food varies from one location to another.

I am staying at Intercontinental in London.

Can any one recommend one of the nicer location that is withing close proximity. The menu and price looks very appealing.

Should I run far away from this place ?

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,675 Reviews
from $123.20*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor, and Bath with...
2,250 Reviews
from $125.90*
Best Seller
London Harry Potter Tour of Warner...
747 Reviews
from $103.10*
Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
984 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weatherspoon Pub

You'll find a variety of opinions regarding Wetherspoon pubs. Although they have a wide selection of ales, they may not be viewed as the traditional English pub experience by many.

However, the price is right for food and many think they're just fine for simple grub. You might view them as a cross between Denny's and Applebee's in America.

Each location has its own name, often based on the history of the building or neighborhood.

A search (using the spelling with out the "a") will reveal numerous TALF threads.

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
984 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weatherspoon Pub

Try this link for nearby Wetherspoon pubs, using the Intercontinental's address: www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/pubs/index.php…

The website also has menu information.

QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
9,384 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weatherspoon Pub

Weatherspoon's is a chain, sort of like TGI Friday's and Houston's in the U.S. Why don't you wait until you get to the hotel and ask the concierge/other staff which pubs they recommend in the Mayfair area. You could also check out Time Out London, as they are usually current on things like that.

winnipeg
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weatherspoon Pub

I just asked this same question about Intercontinental and Wetherspoons in another thread....hoping someone answers. I cannot find the exact address or postcode or whatever you call it for the hotel so I cannot look up the nearest Wetherspoons on their site.

Also, anyone have any other ideas for breakfast near the Intercontinental as this hotels breakfast is very expensive and not included in my room rate.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
58,894 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weatherspoon Pub

The Intercontinental is on Park Lane, postcode W1J 7QY.

There aren't a lot of cafes in the nearby area of Mayfair, but you'll find coffee bars and small restos along Piccadilly, toward Piccadilly Circus. One very nice place that offers breakfast all day plus pastas, sandwiches, soups and other hot foods is Bar Remo on Princes Street, behind Oxford Circus. A nice big fryup is about 6GBP - tasty.

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,844 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weatherspoon Pub

Here's someone who stated at the ICHP AND was impressed with Wetherspoon's - tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k244…

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
592 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weatherspoon Pub

I've eaten at a number of Wetherspoon's and haven't found poor service or cold food, and I certainly haven't found small portions. Once you find the one closest to your hotel, eat there once and form your own opinion. I certainly wouldn't eat there for every meal, but if I'm in London for a week, I'll usually eat there once or twice. If you're traveling with one other person, they've got two for one deals that are hard to beat.

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,844 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Weatherspoon Pub

I eat at Wetherspoon's often so I'm a fan. I've never had poor service, cold food, small portions or found anything dirty.

Everyone wants fish and chips, it seems - Wetherspoon's does battered cod or breaded plaice with chips and peas, bread and butter and a cup of tea for about £3.50 all in between 2pm and 5pm weekdays.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
15,156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Weatherspoon Pub

Look at it as a budget option, or when convenient.

It would be a shame to seek out Weatherspoons when here on vacation.

They are very inconsistent. IME the best are also under the LLoyds No1 Bar 'banner'.

Your location is not great for pubs, so I'd eat further afield using public transport, London is a great place for food options, and some good pubs. Don't limit yourself.

Stoofer

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,844 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Weatherspoon Pub

> It would be a shame to seek out Weatherspoons when here on vacation.

They are very inconsistent. <

I think Wetherspoon's are an ideal choice for tourists as well as locals. But then again, I actually use them regularly, so have first-hand experience.

They are consistent but there is some variation in presentation. What I mean is they're not McD - it's not an identical meal in every city.

Lloyd's use the same menu and the same ingredients.