We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets for sold out Billy Elliot

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tickets for sold out Billy Elliot

I want to see Billy Elliot The Musical while in London but the shows are sold out when we're there in mid-September according to Ticketmaster. I've tried calling the Box Office directly but am having a hard time getting through. Does anyone know if Lashmars is a reputable ticket agency? Are there any suggestions on how to get tickets now without paying an exorbitant amount and not waiting until the last minute (ie TKTS)?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets for sold out Billy Elliot

look on ebay...lots to be had on there....make sure the feedback is good and that they have paypal £500 protection (this says this under the name and id details etc)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets for sold out Billy Elliot

ps look on ebay.co.uk not com and ask the seller if they will send it to u in the states etc prior to bidding. I have picked up some cheap tickets this way.

UK
Level Contributor
155 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets for sold out Billy Elliot

If you cannot obtain prior to your visit then the theatre hold a number ( I think around 30 ) of £25 tickets for sale on the day.

I believe they are released at mid day ( or possibly 11am) and there will be a queue quite early.

It depends how much you want to see the show and whether you want to spend part of your holiday standing in line for an hour or two.

London, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets for sold out Billy Elliot

I can reiterate what helicopter said - I walked past the Picadilly theatre where Guys & Dolls is showing just this morning (before 9am) and there were people already queing there.

london
Level Contributor
946 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tickets for sold out Billy Elliot

If you are already booked into a good quality hotel and you do manage to buy tickets on ebay, you could have them sent to your attention at your hotel.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,758 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tickets for sold out Billy Elliot

There are a few shows still with tickets Sept. 12,17 and 22 available on www.applause-tickets.com

Not sure of the prices, but we used them last year and they will email you the information and wait for confirmation so you have no worry about them using your credit card information etc.

We had the tickets Fed Ex'd to our home before we left and all went perfectly with centre orchestra seats.

Good luck!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tickets for sold out Billy Elliot

as an ebay seller I personally wouldn not take the risk of sending things to a hotel and I am sure post sellers wouldnt....items are only covered if sent to the registered adddress on paypal if it goes wrong.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,206 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tickets for sold out Billy Elliot

Lashmars have been in business for nearly 80 years and are a founder member of STAR (The Society of Ticket Agents & Retailers). Although I haven't had any dealings with them, I cannot imagine there would be a problem.

I can confirm that they are charging about 25% above the actual ticket price. e.g. Top price £50.00 seats selling for £60.00.

California
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Tickets for sold out Billy Elliot

Thanks everyone for the info. I agree with many previous posts that TALF has the most helpful and friendliest people. I will continue to work on the suggestions provided. We still have another free night & will probably buy through TKTS (nothing like getting a good deal!). I assume that when it first opens is when they have the biggest selection. But I've also heard that they add shows throughout the day. Any thoughts on when is the best time to go?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tickets for sold out Billy Elliot

glad you find everyone helpful here :o)

on a personal note I like to come here and use all my friendliness up before heading to work with none left so I can be hard evil rude check in lady at the airport beware on your way home...only joking, just some of the names we get called in an average shift.....oh I forgot rascist as well, thats a firm fav' the passengers like to use.