We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A weekend in London.

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Topic
A weekend in London.

Me and my mum are thinking of heading to London on a weekend, a get away girly weekend.

I have never been before and was just wondering if anyone could recommend some things to do to fill out day.

Im 19 and my mum is early 40's, so we are pretty active and dont mind walking around on tour or recommended walkways./

Also just wondering off any bars etc that would suit us both, considering my mum will be with me.

Many thanks and sorry for all the questions.

Belfast Girl :)

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A weekend in London.

One Aldwych has an impressive bar. The artwork is fun!

The Windows Bar in the London Hilton has excellent views.

OXO Tower for river view.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,629 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A weekend in London.

Walk walk walk and shop shop shop! You won't go wrong on either count.

For a list of great guided walks go to www.walks.com or you could easily wander around by yourselves along the river or our many parks.

For shopping ideas ideas why not use this forum's wordsearch engine. The obvious places are Oxford Street, Knightsbridge (for Harrods) and Covent Garden but there are markets such as Camden and Portobello Road which may interest you more.

Have a great time whatever you do and please don't hesitate to ask more questions.