We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
atlanta
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Topic
Transportation

Is it possible to take the tube from Gatwick or just Heathrow?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,127 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation

The tube doesn't go as far as Gatwick - it's the GEX, Thameslink rail service, coach, taxi, or have someone collect you.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
146 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation

You can take the Gatwick Express (an above-ground train) from Gatwick (will take 30min and is about 12GBP each way) and will take you you Victoria station in central London, from where you can take the tube to pretty much anywhere. The Gatwick Express leaves every 15 minutes (I think) from Gatwick. Very convenient. You can buy your ticket on board or at a ticket booth in the airport.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation

Depending where you are heading to in central London will determine which train is best for you, or other method of transprt. What's your destination?

atlanta
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation

I will be staying at the Holiday Inn Kensington Forum.

AB

Toronto, Ottawa
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation

I just looked it up too as I will also be needing to make that journey. The Souther Railway train is a few euros cheaper than the London Express I think...whatever that is?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,849 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation

Gatwick Express to Victoria then the Circle or District Line westbound 3 stops to Gloucester Road. To get to The Holiday Inn Kensington Forum turn right out of the station and immediately right again into Courtfield Road. You will see the entrance ahead on the right.

The Gatwick Express is slightly more expensive than scheduled Southern Trains but you will have more comfort, more room to store luggage and no commuters cursing you as you clamber on board. It's future has been threatened so please use it if practical.

atlanta
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation

Thanks for the info. I will definitely be using the Gatwick Express. Seems like the best mode of transport for the money.

AB