We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Planning Calendar

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
153 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Planning Calendar

Does anyone know of a free online calendar where I can type in and organize my notes----things to see on what day, theatre times, reservations, etc?

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,356 Reviews
from $131.10*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,127 Reviews
from $139.80*
$155.40
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
512 Reviews
from $118.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
477 Reviews
from $349.20*
north-east NJ
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Planning Calendar

I don't know any online ones, but if your computer came with MicroSoft Works (or is i Office?) there's a small publishing-type program included. They have a trip planner you could easily adapt to your needs.

I apologise for the lack of details but my son got it in his head to add a 2nd hard drive to my computer that's much better than & then proceeded to reformat not the new drive but MY hard drive! Two teenagers in the place is 2 too many!

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Planning Calendar

To answer my own question, I've found and been using the calendar at Yahoo to organize my notes and reservations.

www.calendar.yahoo.com

Texas
Level Contributor
404 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Planning Calendar

Janie, I found the publishing program in Microsoft Office - but I can't find a trip planner, was it just a calender you were referring to?

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Planning Calendar

Hard copy, that's the only thing I'll use. Years ago I created my own 2 separate calendars for trip planning. One shows 6 weeks and I can at a glance tell where we'll be (Cornwall, Kent, etc.) with dates. The other is a 2-week calendar where I write everything in pencil until I've got receipts in hand etc. at which time it goes on in ink. I can't stand computer calendars.

Mentioned in this post
Cornwall
Cornwall
England, UK
Kent
Kent
England, UK
north-east NJ
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Planning Calendar

No, it was more than a calendar. I'll look thru my discs (son wiped out the hard drive so...) & see what I find.

north-east NJ
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Planning Calendar

Txtraveler -- Evidently my daughter already d/l the disc; it's not often a teen makes my life easier!

Anyway, the program is in MicroSoft Works in the tasks section.

Once there you go to Travel Information. You'll see Travel Planning Tools w/a start this task link. That will take you to a wizard that allows you to create a budget; daily itinerary; packing list; and more, including a pre-travel checklist with things such as:

"Lock all windows and doors securely and remove any keys hidden outside the house"

"Wash the dishes (You'll be sorry when you come back if you forget this!")

It's actually better than I remember it being, and you could add or delete things to make it applicable to your own situation.

Texas
Level Contributor
404 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Planning Calendar

Janie, Thanks. I have a teenage daughter myself..ain't they great?

Mine is currently in a drama production at high school which requires her to be at school every Saturday morning by 6:45 a.m....she doesn't drive yet; so guess who else gets to be up and out of the house?

north-east NJ
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Planning Calendar

lol! Just when I'm at the end of my rope w/mine, she does something nice. For instance, although her clean, folded laundry still hasn't made it into her drawers or closet & she has a fit when I try to do it, this morning I slept late & she brushed back my hair & kissed my forehead before leaving for school.

Now I'll feel mean if I yell at her today.

Texas
Level Contributor
404 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Planning Calendar

Janie, Your's sounds like mine. Kind of the Dr. Jeykell/Mr. Hyde syndrome..mine makes great grades (with no prompting from me), drama, french club, student council, church youth group yadda, yadda, yadda...but can she be nice to her little sister for 5 minutes? And one week out of the month (you guess which one?) I could absolutely peel her head off.

That's okay..I will have the last laugh..I told her this week I am going to London in November and leaving her at home. Nana, nana, nana. She went to London, Paris, and Rome with her grandmother a couple of years ago and she is dying to go again.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
north-east NJ
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Planning Calendar

Txtraveler --

That's the problem. They're not drinking or using drugs, they're involved in school activities, etc. so you KNOW it could be so much worse & they're actually good kids, but they still have a way of getting to every raw nerve!

I took mine to London & Paris last year, this year is mine.

Enjoy your trip. My first visit to London was late Nov & I thought it was a good time to be there.