We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the Best Ghost Tour?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
What's the Best Ghost Tour?

Hello All...

I will be in London for my birthday which happens to fall on a Saturday in November. I love all things creepy.. and I wanted to do a walking Ghost tour.. which one is the best? Mind you I dont wanna do Jack the Ripper.. I'm talking about hardcore ghosts!

Thanks!

Ash

Southampton
Level Contributor
74 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the Best Ghost Tour?

The Original London Ghost Walk is really good. Richard Jones is a superb story teller and wrote the best selling Walking Haunted London.

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the Best Ghost Tour?

Go to www.flickr.com and key the in words:

Highgate Cemetery

into the search box, and if you find it interesting, then go on a guided tour through the West Cemetery. Just find an overgrown section by a crypt or maybe a broken grave and sit down and relax by yourself for a few minutes - if you don't find any ghosts they'll probably find you.

(If the Saturday is November 8 then there will be lots of fireworks parties everywhere (Bonfire Night).)

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the Best Ghost Tour?

We've taken several of the ghost walks with London Walks. While we enjoyed them, we by far preferred Richard Jones' Ghost Walk. The only disadvantage is that it must be booked in advance.

http://www.london-ghost-walk.co.uk/

If you want a good scare, try an event with Fright Nights.

http://www.frightnights.co.uk/home/

London
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the Best Ghost Tour?

I always wondered about these things.

I mean, bearing in mind that ghosts don't exist, is there not some kind of trade descriptions angle here?

Do people have to sign a disclaimer before the tour starts which states "I understand that I will not see any ghosts and will therefore not sue the tour operator for misdescriptions"?

Or do people going on the tour know that there will be no ghosts but go along anyway for the overall macabre (and hence interesting) experience of historical places in which murder and attrocities have been committed in the past?

5. Re: What's the Best Ghost Tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, October 11, 2009