We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

air from london to manchester?

charlotte,nc
Level Contributor
43 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
air from london to manchester?

what are our options for getting best airfare flying from london to manchester roundtrip? what are the discount airline that service that route?

San Pablo...
Level Contributor
336 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: air from london to manchester?

Try http://travel.kelkoo.co.uk/ to check fares.

You also might consider travelling by train. Virgin has a 2 hour and 20 min train from Euston to Manchester. A nice way to see the country! It looks like the saver return ticket is only 55 GBP (less that $100).

Have a lovely trip.

San Pablo...
Level Contributor
336 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: air from london to manchester?

Virgin's website is http://www.virgintrains.co.uk/default.aspx

London UK
Level Contributor
405 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: air from london to manchester?

If you book far enough in advance both BA and bmi from Heathrow have decent fares. www.ba.com # www.flybmi.com

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,487 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: air from london to manchester?

There is a "low Cost Airline" which does Gatwick-Manchester, and that is Jet2. Its been running for over a year now. I think they have 4 flights a day to Manchester. Prices will be cheaper than BA, depending when you want to travel and how far in advance you book.

More details here.

jet2.com/jet2/I7/EN/booking/timetables.php

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: air from london to manchester?

Take the train. The amount of time you will waste getting to the airport, waiting in line; check in , security etc... you could already be in Manchester, it's a 2 hour 20 minute trip and leaves from London Euston station.

www.thetrainline.com

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,617 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: air from london to manchester?

What you are planning to do before and after will affect my thoughts. Normally I would suggest the train if you are starting from central London but if you are flying into Heathrow or Gatwick and heading straight up to Manchester then you should use the plane assuming you can get a good deal. Bus from Heathrow to Watford and train to Manchester is another possibility.

Having said that Manchester is fairly well served by direct US flights and that should also be considered.

Please tell us a little more about your plans so that we can advise you better.