We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I did not stay and I did go

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Topic
I did not stay and I did go

Hi every one, by the way, thanks to all of you for your imput. Yes, we had a wonderful time. First stop was Lecester square ticket booth, thanks for telling me which one to go to, we got tickets for Blood Brothers, Covent Gardens next, I had one of those embarrising falls, too busy looking at every thing around, tripped on a small hole and bags went all over, ugh! straight away a charming young waiter dashed to my aid, he was very helpful. We had a bite to eat and then we shopped till we dropped!!! Hotel, shower and changed then on to the show which was so very special, such a clever story line, the acting and singing was A 1, just as if they were really living the story with such deep emotion and passion right to the very end. Every one could not help but rise at the end to applaude with so much deserved feeling. Had a chineese meal then sunk into wonderful beds at the Cumberland, Marble Arch. Huge breakfast, then lots more shopping, somehow we managed to get by foot from Oxford Circus back to the hotel in 15 mins to collect our other bags. It was turned 4pm and our train was leaving Kings Cross at 4.30. The roads seemed to be jammed, yet a wonderful taxi driver managed to get us through, going down some tight little backways, we actually made it with 7 mins to spare. Yes we had a truly wonderful time.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I did not stay and I did go

Thanks for the lovely newsy post, thrilled that you had a good time and hope you're not bruised from your fall.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,514 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I did not stay and I did go

Glad you had a good visit and that you weren't hurt in your fall. I can relate - more than once I've tripped. One of my very few complaints about London - I wish they would fix their pavements!

England
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: I did not stay and I did go

Hee Hee, it would cost a fortune to fix those pavements, especially all of those cobles!

Some years back, my daughter fell on loose gravel scarring her lower leg quite badley, it had to be reported, and the council were sued, their comment was, it is cheaper to pay people that sued rather than to do the many repaires.

By the way, apart from my pride, I was not hurt, thanks for your concerns.

Devon
Level Contributor
443 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I did not stay and I did go

Glad you chose to carry on with your plans and had a really lovely time, apart from your little "trip", Im one of those people that has embarrassing things happen to them all the time!

Just today I have started to feel that lovely excited feeling again when I think about our trip in September.

Everett, Washington
Level Contributor
209 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: I did not stay and I did go

I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself - except for the little fall. I'll have to watch out for that as I tend to be a little clumsy at the best of times!

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,678 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I did not stay and I did go

So glad you came and had a great time, trip and all, and well done to the cabbie who got you to Kings Cross.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,132 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I did not stay and I did go

Pout- perhaps you should nt have had that triple brandy before you walked around Covent Garden! Your daughter must be very pleased you had such a good time.

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
280 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I did not stay and I did go

Glad you had a great time. Make sure you have water with it next time.

England
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: I did not stay and I did go

Hmn! I think I forgot to take any water, what is it?

Just remembered something that happened while waitng for a tube. Some smart well spoken youngsters had been eating take away food. Walked away leaving their litter on the floor, A guy noticed and yelled at them to come back and take it away, the reply was there was not a bin. Though they did come back for it. What a mess it would be if we all left our litter, never mind that we all know that we must not leave anything any way. The guy that had shouted at them, explained that everyone had to leave the station the day before, when some rubbish had been left untill it was disposed of. I am so pleased that he had strengh of character to call them back, I wonder if anyone else had noticed but stayed quiet.

Scottsdale, AZ
Level Contributor
384 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: I did not stay and I did go

Pout....I am so glad that you went...and I will be going too!!!!

Hope you are feeling okay and it was more embarassment than anythng else.

Do you have any tips for me for my 3 day stay in London? I don't think that I will be going to any plays...but I plan to shop.