We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tower of London 2 for 1

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
orlando, fl
Level Contributor
126 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Tower of London 2 for 1

The daysoutguide is offering a 2 for 1 voucher for the Tower but the fine print states "must have proof of travel by National Rail". Is there another 2 for 1 site for discounts to the Tower, I'll be there Sept 2-5th.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,396 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Tower of London 2 for 1

Common sense suggests that the ticket will have to be valid on the day of your visit - otherwise people would just pick up expired tickets from the bins, or hang onto old tickets forever.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
28 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Tower of London 2 for 1

We are planning on getting the 7 day Travelcard on the Oyster and hoping to use it for the discounts by hanging on to our receipts.

Do we need to do anything before we leave to get the discounts or can we just get them when we get there?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,589 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Tower of London 2 for 1

Seven day and longer period Travelcards loaded on Oyster are specifically excluded from the two for one offers, I'm afraid.

It's not entirely sensible, as all Travelcards allow use on National Rail services in the paid-for zones, so Travelcards on Oyster do fill the bill. But the train operating companies have set up the offers, so the rules are theirs to make and ours to follow.

Since you're taking the train from Gatwick to Victoria, you'll be able to buy seven day Travelcards as paper tickets if you buy them from the ticket office in the main concourse at Victoria. Don't go to the Underground ticket office as they cannot sell seven day Travelcards on paper ticket stock.

You'll see racks of Southern railways info, including leaflets with the logo as seen on the link below. The leaflets have preprinted vouchers inside if you do not wish to print vouchers before you leave for London; all you need do is fill in your details and take the vouchers to the attraction's ticket office.

www.southernrailway.com/promotions.php…

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
28 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Tower of London 2 for 1

Well that stinks that we can't get the discounts with the 7 day card! I guess we won't be going to a play unless we can hit up TKTS!

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
306 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Tower of London 2 for 1

We just returned from a 7 night stay in London early this summer. We purchased a 7 day paper travelcard from National Rail and used it every day--I liked the convenience and we more than got our money's worth for travel alone. Some days we used it 6 or 7 times. It is valid anytime. Two days we used it before 9:30 AM (eg Tower of London opens @ 9:00 AM--we got there early to beat the crowds). It is also good for buses and DLR.

It is the same price as a 7 day travel card loaded onto Oyster but without the hassle of having to pay the deposit or trying to get the refund.

We used the 2 for 1 offers for:

1. Tower of London (saved 16.50 GBP)--this was the only venue that asked to see the rail card and yes it must be valid for the day you use it.

2. Churchill Museum and Cabinet Rooms.

3. Westminster Abby--no longer valid for the summer months.

4. The 39 Steps.

I hope this helps.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
28 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Tower of London 2 for 1

Thanks for your response! I guess we can use the 7 day travelcard and still get the discounts then!

Did you get your Tower tickets ahead of time?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,589 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Tower of London 2 for 1

The only tickets you have to book in advance with the two for one offers are theatre tickets; for the rest you can go on the day - as long as your Travelcard is valid - and use the vouchers.

Here's a map of Victoria station showing the ticket office where you can buy seven day Travelcards on paper stock:

networkrail.co.uk/documents/…20Map.pdf

The ticket office is just in front (facing the concourse) of number 18, the M&S Simply Food. The GEX trains arrive at either of platforms 12 or 13 so you'll walk right to the ticket office from the train on the way to the taxi rank.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,396 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Tower of London 2 for 1

> t is the same price as a 7 day travel card loaded onto Oyster but without the hassle of having to pay the deposit or trying to get the refund. <

No deposit is required for an Oyster Travelcard. It's only required for PAYG.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,645 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Tower of London 2 for 1

<<< if using the 2 for 1 to tower of london with a one day travelcard, do you have to visti the tower on the same day the travelcard was issued? >>>

You must have one that is valid on the day you use the offers - otherwise you could just hang around a station and pick up an expired one

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
28 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Tower of London 2 for 1

Thanks for the heads up, I am so glad we can save a few more dollars and get some discounts! I know I have seen it somewhere, but where exactly do we go online to book theatre tickets?