We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundromat near Piccadilly Circus?

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Topic
Laundromat near Piccadilly Circus?

We're going to be staying at the De Vere Cavendish (near Fortnum and Mason) in August, but want a reasonably priced way to do laundry.

Does anyone know of a laundry service in the area where you can drop off clothes in the morning and pick up in the late afternoon? Not dry cleaning; just regular wash and dry. I don't want to spend time sitting watching machines roll clothes around when we only have a few days in London.

Thanks in advance.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
560 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laundromat near Piccadilly Circus?

IMHO, bring clothes you can wash in the sink. It cost us about $30.00 to do our own laundry after 4 days in London (I brought some clothes for sink-washing, my husband did not). There were only two of us.

Laundries in Europe are EXPENSIVE - London was especially bad. I expect if you ask them to do your laundry, it is even worse.

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laundromat near Piccadilly Circus?

Veram: I just stayed at the De Vere Cavendish in June (which by the way has an awesome location).

Anyway, there is a towel warmer in the bathroom, so that's where I'd put my clothes after washing. They were dry by morning.

Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Laundromat near Piccadilly Circus?

Well, I was trying to avoid the wash in the sink thing, but given the towell rack info, maybe the only way. My itsy-bitsy girl clothes will be okay to do that with, but even in the hottest weather my husband wears BIG things that I wouldn't want to pack them damp into a suitcase.

Oh well...maybe we'll just travel dirty! ;)

London
Level Contributor
316 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laundromat near Piccadilly Circus?

The only one I know closer to Piccadilly circus is at no 33 Betterton Street in Covent Garden, WC2. (Not far from the British Museum. I think they do what is called a Service Wash for about £8 to £10 per bag. Where you leave your wash and they wash, dry and fold them for you, and you pick htem up in a few hours.

Hackettstown, New...
Level Contributor
187 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laundromat near Piccadilly Circus?

Laundry services in central London are few and far-between, and very expensive when you do find them. My washing machine was broken for a week and I spent over $20 on a load of wash. The laundry facilities aren't nearly as efficient in London as they are in the States. I would suggest that if you can avoid doing laundry, do so.

Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Laundromat near Piccadilly Circus?

Jessica, that's exactly what I'm looking for. A bit expensive, but not hotel rates, and would certainly be a great convenience. Thanks all!