We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pub Quiz Night Question

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Pub Quiz Night Question

We've never been to a pub quiz night and was wondering how it works. I've gathered that it is some kind of trivia contest. Is it an individual thing, or do you work in teams?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,206 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pub Quiz Night Question

The one at The Archery consists of 40 questions divided into four rounds of 10. The topics could be anything including a picture round. It varies as different people set the questions each week. You write your answers on a scoresheet which is then marked by other teams. We play as a team known as The Sand People in honour of Lara's sand collection!

The prizes are drinking vouchers which have to be redeemed with a week so if you are staying close to the pub... Anyway it's the taking part that counts!

Florida
Level Contributor
3,035 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pub Quiz Night Question

Thanks for asking Kayb. I'd been wondering that myself.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pub Quiz Night Question

Thanks for the description, Adam. Sounds like a lot of fun. But I'll bet non-Brits have a hard time with it. I've watched the British version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire and I miss all the "easy" questions that are based on Brit pop culture. :o)

London, UK
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pub Quiz Night Question

Adam,

Mentioned very casually to Him Indoors about the pub quiz - got a reaction, a wry wrinkle.

As long as it's all Ancient Greeks - he's yer man !

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,206 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pub Quiz Night Question

Em,

From what you say, that's the most animated he's been since we lost the Empire. Can we now expect an appearance at Traveller Plus's farewell performance at The Archery on Sunday?

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pub Quiz Night Question

Adam, I'm sure I've been told this already, but I can't find the thread - what time are people turning up?

And - silly question coming up I'm sure - how will I know who I'm looking for??!

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,206 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pub Quiz Night Question

Vicki,

8.00pm (or earlier) for talk, 9.00pm for the quiz.

You can find us by going up to every stranger and saying the magic words Trip Advisor or look brainy and we will find you!

It's not that a big a pub and I (and my moustache) will keep an eye out for lost souls.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pub Quiz Night Question

"look brainy"... oh dear. you'll never spot me :)

well, if you see a short blonde girl walk in and look puzzled, wave at her, would you? :)

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pub Quiz Night Question

Adam, I hope you don't mind me sharing this.. ;-)

Vicki, I have pictures of "The Sand People" from my visit a couple weeks ago-- look in the first folder--

http://photos.yahoo.com/hollynhollywood001

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Pub Quiz Night Question

also seem to have lost the thread. what was the date that was finally decided on, and WHERE is the pub? I'm sorry I know it's been posted already, but cant find it. Must be starting work again, my brain is fried!