We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tube update

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,243 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Tube update

This today from Transport For London:

"Tube service update: 19 July 2005

The Northern, Victoria and Metropolitan lines are now stopping at King's Cross St. Pancras.

Repairs have started at Aldgate and we expect to resume a full Metropolitan line service to Aldgate and a special Hammersmith and City service between Baker St and Barking by Monday 25 July.

Police work continues at Edgware Road. However, we hope to restore a full service on the Circle and Hammersmith & City lines (and the District line to Edgware Road) within two weeks (2 August).

Police remain on site at King's Cross/Russell Square and Piccadilly line services remain suspended between Hyde Park Corner and Arnos Grove.

Thank you for your continued patience as we work to resume full services"

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tube update

Thanks for that, it's really helpful to know what is going on.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tube update

Can you confirm is the Queensway Tube station has been closed until May of 2006?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,243 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tube update

Yes Queensway is closed for a major refit until about May 2006. Nothing to do with the closures after the bombings.

Bayswater should be open within the next couple of weeks. Until then Paddington, Lancaster Gate and Notting Hill Gate will be the nearest stations. There are also several bus routes that serve central London from that area including the 94, 148 & 390.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,514 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tube update

Many thanks for the update Adam. Staying in North Harrow, I rely heavily on the tube. Once I get to central London I do a lot of walking. Can't wait to get back!

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
338 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tube update

We've been in London using the tube over the last few days. The nearest tube station to our rented flat is Leicester Square. Because we had planned to rely on the Picadilly line, we've had to make a few workarounds, but in general I'd say things are working like they always have. It kind of felt good to use the tube--I feel like I'm joining with all Londoners in defiance of terrorists!

USA
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tube update

Thanks for the info Adam. I'll be there in one week and will be using the tubes alot to take advantage of my Travel Cards.

Thanks again and God Bless London!