We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday, July 24th question

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City
Level Contributor
109 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday, July 24th question

This is what we have tentatively scheduled for Sunday, July 24th, but I was just thinking.... are these sights doable on a Sunday? Here in the US, many things are closed on Sundays.... Just thought I should check before we go!

��� Tower of London ��� Jewels

��� Buckingham Palace

��� Horse Guards ��� 11am (changing)

��� Big Ben

��� Changing of the Guards (4pm)

Thank you in advance!

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,849 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday, July 24th question

The Horse Guards change is at 10.00 on a Sunday (11.30 at Buckingham Palace) and I don't know of a 4pm change anywhere although there is an inspection at Horse Guards Parade at that time.

Big Ben is in Parliament Square and the tower where it is situated can't be climbed. The State Rooms at Buckingham Palace aren't open for tours until the 30th although you can visit The Royal Mews with it's working stables and collection of royal carriages.

I would possibly save the Tower for another day as it's a fair way from all your other planned things and get there early to avoid the lines.

Other things to consider doing in and around Westminster are The London Eye, The Cabinet War Rooms & Churchill Museum and a wander in St James Park.

Have a great time and hope that helps.

Adam C

adamhornets@yahoo.com

New York City
Level Contributor
109 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday, July 24th question

Adam, thank you for your reply - it really does help! I'm a bit confused, however. Is it not worth going to Buckingham Palace at all? You say the "state rooms" aren't open. I'm not sure what that means... We are in London for two short days, maybe you could help me rearrange our schedule...

Day 1:

Big Bus Tour

Globe Theatre Tour

Covent Garden

7:45 "Blood Brothers" musical

Day 2: (now a little different as per your suggestions....)

Tower of London

10am - Horse Guards (I guess we'll skip this because of the Tower of London.....)

11:30 Buckingham Palace - changing of the guards

Big Ben and Parliament

Oh, I don't know!!!!

Thanks, Christine